Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical TRI 5 CHEVY Padded Dash Question ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bondolero, Mar 28, 2018.

1. bondolero

bondolero

Many owners of these cars on the HAMB with padded dashes it appears from postings.
    Can someone post a picture of how they were attached in the lower front of the dash ?
    I want to do the dash top in leather on my 59 and would like to do it with a factory stitched method in the front. I remember my 56 having a french stitch around the front and curling up but too long ago to remember anything but the back seat.:D

thank you
    Larry

2. On my 57 years ago the factory padded dash tucked under the Bel Air trim. It also had special end caps that held the outside corners.

3. Rich S.

Rich S.

Just happen to have my dash apart for a new clock IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1536.JPG IMG_1531.JPG I hope that this helps

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Rich S.

Rich S.

It tucks behind trim and has end caps like mr57 says, the cowl tag says it came with one and I believe that this is original

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. bondolero

bondolero

THANK MUCHO
    my dash in the pickup won't have belair trim so I will have to make a flexible strip screwed to the dash bottom to fold the leather back over. The windshield moulding will hold the back I believe. I will try to stitch mine just like your original.