Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Does anyone build a Dan Woods "IceTruck" ish body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modified1927, Mar 27, 2018.

1. modified1927

modified1927

I have wanted one of my own since the Rod and Custom with it on the cover, I was wondering if anyone is building a glass or wood copy or close to it of the Ice Truck? Wood be a killer build, or if someone has started one, I'd love to hear about what you found out.
    Thanks untitled.png

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

The molds are here in Spokane , from what I have heard. The guy that has them is in some trouble with the law and will be going away for quite some time.it would be nice to see them available.

3. modified1927

modified1927

I'd heard they were on west coast, but then it was a rumor. If you hear anymore would you let me know? even if they need repair that would be easier than starting from scratch.
    Thanks
    Rich

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe the original is actually plywood with lots of joinery and then coated with fiberglass and finished rather than strictly molded out of fiber glass. it would be easy to construct as most of the sides and joints and angles are straight if you study it.
    There is a Dan Woods thread somewhere on HAMB already if you search

modified1927, 69thumper and 49ratfink like this.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah... this^^^^^^