Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If by “spank” you mean join a club and hit him with it, go right ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I hate to bring up this topic again but the guy is still active and still selling them. Spotted him today at an event and yes his copy stickers are still on display but he is tying to hide the HAMB logo.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. He needs a letter from a lawyer. If only to point out a few reality facts for him.

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Caltex (Ampol), Golden Fleece, and many of those could soon put the wind into him and make him realise what he is dong is just so wrong. A cease and desist letter would soon put the wind into him. I have seen them before and I know just how a legal letter can make you think twice.

5. 5window

5window

I am not clear why these options haven't happened already.

6. brg404

brg404
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suppose this has already been suggested, but could anyone just go to the event organizers and point out that one of their sellers is violating Copyright law? If this clown get banned from the shows, that might be enough of a hint.

7. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Where do you start? He was at a Historic Truck Show and not a place I expected to see him.

8. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

We have just gone through a similar situation with my wife's off topic artwork. A cease and desist letter cost us £600 approx $750 with a follow up letter another £200 approx $250. The worst part is, it was someone we know who used to stock my wife's work in their shop and when my wife stopped supplying them because she couldn't keep up as every piece is hand made they just got someone to knock out nasty copies. Good luck Ryan

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

At the 19 second mark the bus and trailer can be seen in this video taken on the weekend.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2018-3-13_17-13-21.png
    He obviously gets around with his wares. I wonder if he'll ever get up here?

11. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Thanks for doing that. Makes his image visible to those that have not seen him. The trailer image is a few posts back now.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

[​IMG]
    Another example of his copied work. I have a contact with Cummins South Pacific I intend to follow up with and share the above image.

13. I've followed this from the start and am wondering why he hasn't been named as yet...........curious......andyd

kiwijeff, 6inarow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Mgtstumpy, Thank you for the information. You should email that to Ryan.
    Andydodge, sent you a conversation.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From seeing the Cummins repro decal it looks like he makes slight changes in the end product thinking he won't get nailed for infringement. Where he shows Power in that stripe it is white with Since 1919 on original items that I have found. .

16. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Further information has been found by other members of the forum so just a word of advise not to post that here but forward anything to Ryan so it helps him stop this fellow. We have a name and address along with a phone number and business registration etc.

chryslerfan55 and 59bones like this.
  17. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Just another warning. Australia does not have the same freedom of speech laws like that of the USA. Anything 'printed' in this topic could be enough for legal action even though he is in breech of a trade mark. If you have any information on this fellow either email or start a conversation with Ryan.

18. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Cummins did have a logo like the one I posted and it has not been altered.

19. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

sorta the same , if it's true and you can prove it its all good if it's false and they prove it your screwed, you can not sue someone for making a truthfull statement. As someone found out recently (off topic bear with me) a shoplifter sued a shop owner for naming and shaming her by placing her photo with "thief" on it in his window, she lost as she did indeed steal from the shop

20. Wiggo

Wiggo

21. I'm waiting for Ryan to implement policy. HRP

Copyright © 1995-2013 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  22. His copywriter expired 5 years ago according to that. Maybe thats the issue!

(I know thats not exactly how copyright works, and am just being facetious :))

23. How long does a copyright last?

The term of copyright for a particular work depends on several factors, including whether it has been published, and, if so, the date of first publication. As a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years. HRP

24. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

the item I saw had "TM" so Im assuming its a trade mark issue as well as copyright (as per HOTRODPRIMER above)

25. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

He believed the HAMB was something from very long ago so was open to be copied like the old fuel companies like Golden Fleece etc. He will soon find out some of the old logos are trade marked to this day so he will get a cease and desist letter from a few of them in the end. I believe Ryan has dealt with him in his own way.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  26. I say just throw the little shrimp on the Barbie and be done with him. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Looks like he is going to have a legal letter to contend with. I heard today one of the big firms he has copied from is after him now.

catdad49, kiwijeff, Blue One and 3 others like this.
  28. fleet-master

fleet-master

Australia is a BIG place...any idea where the trade stall was Ryan?

29. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I say let the man eat. You can't worry about every crumb that falls, be glad you got where you are now and let the crabs in the bucket be. Life to short. Enjoy it, if any thing it must be a sad life selling stickers out of a RV, take it as a complement that the voltures are eating off your kill.

kiwijeff, Ned Ludd and BLACKNRED like this.
  30. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

In Australia Trade Marks are valid for 10 years unless renewed. To get a world wide Trade Mark is relatively expensive.
    You can have a Trade Mark in Australia only, therefore can be registered in other countries, I suspect the same applies to other countries, and when you look at China, they really don't give a shit.

chryslerfan55 and afaulk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.