Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods f100 firewall mount booster/cylinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ahshoe, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ahshoe

ahshoe

Has anyone ever used a firewall mounted pedal assembly for clutch and brakes on a mid 50's f100 Ford truck? If so who's or what did you take it off to do the switch. I do realize I will have to reinforce the firewall and maybe lengthen things but anybody do it and like the results?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Weren't 57 on up firewall mount?

3. ahshoe

ahshoe

57 truck or car?

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My apologies--trucks. Actually some used a slave cylinder for the clutch. Maybe the hydraulic clutch was a year or two later say 59 or 60

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

In my '55 F100, I used a '53 ('52-'56 all the same bracket, pin, pedals) Ford passenger car.
    Bracket sits flat on the rear of firewall, and back of bracket bolts to the lower flange of the dash.
    Bracket ends up above the dash flange, so drill two 5/16" holes and bolt it up.
    Firewall is braced with this bracket, as dash is integral with the cab.
    Like Link used to say (Mod Squad, 1960s) "Solid, Man."
    A Ford power unit with master cylinder will bolt to the front 4 bolt footprint at firewall.
    Clutch can be operated mechanically or hydraulically, (a GM dual master can also be employed)
    The pedals are not too low to the floor, a little high, actually. Size 13 shoes make this a nice installation, and the bracket fits like it was MADE for it. (Huh, mid '50s truck and mid-'50s car! How about that?)

6. Drewski

Drewski

P1011176.JPG My 55 f100 uses a gm A body booster with a 1970 corvette master cylinder. The front frame section in my truck came from a 1970 chevelle, so I used parts that would work with my setup. I used the corvette master since I went to 4 wheel disc brakes.

7. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I used 73-79 F100-F350 , booster , support , pedal . All that was needed was add , 3/4 in to support and bolt it in . I had to change the angle of the pedal to match the toe board of the 48 , other than that worked , fine as wine

8. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

the support is in the way of the speedo cable .

9. sunbeam

sunbeam

Nice install but if you make those vibration loops horizontal instead of vertical it's easyer to get the air out of them.

BJR likes this.
  10. Drewski

Drewski

Appreciate the recommendation, but the system bled easily.