Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Powder Coat in NC or close by

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54HotRod, Mar 24, 2018.

1. It's been years since I post here, but I'm finally back on my project and will need a powder coat for my frame soon. I've researched around the coastal area I live in North Caroline. From what I have found there is only one place with an oven big enough within a 100 miles of where I live. I'm not apposed to a five hour trip if the place is good. I live in the Camp Lejeune area and am willing to travel west as far as Charlotte, south past South Myrtle Beach, and north into Virginia. I just need a reputable place that won't charge me all my arms and legs for media blasting and powder coating. Thanks in advance if you have any helpful ideas. Just a picture for an idea of where I'm currently at with this thing. 29497804_10156298583261514_4256700873389747192_n.jpg

2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Live Wire Powder Coating in Wilmington NC (910) 409-3569 has done stuff for me before. Give Jeff a call and he will probably give you an idea over the phone what it might cost you. He has huge ovens and a blasting area. Did some wire wheels for me. If you do all the disassembly so that you drop off a bare frame it will save you a lot of money.

54HotRod likes this.
  3. Gordon than you for the information. I have looked up Live Wire, but thought I may want more than just one option. The frame has been going through a full tear down and degrease scrub the past few days.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you're willing to travel west, try Diversified Finishers, Statesville, NC (704) 878-2912. Off I40 just north of Charlotte. They do a lot of chassis and parts for NASCAR teams and restorers, and did a great job on a semi-gloss chassis for an OT muscle car for me. Ask for Jinx, tell'em Vic sent you.

vic

54HotRod likes this.

5. Local powered coating company cooks the greasy parts in their oven before they blast them.

6. Thank you I will definitely look them up.

7. That sounds expensive since they have to use a bunch of electricity to heat the oven.