Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Front Panhard Bar for AV8

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Richard Reed, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Richard Reed

Richard Reed
    from Maine

I`ve got a stock Model A Ford front axle with split wishbones. I will be installing a Vega steering box with cross steering. I haven`t been able to find a company that makes a pan hard bar for this application. Most of them have one for a 4 bar suspension. Does anyone have information on fabricating one or where I can find one commercially? Thank you.

2. Tim O'Kelley

Tim O'Kelley
    from texas

Mac's has one. It bolts to the frame on one side and spring shake on the other. Mac's Auto Parts.

3. Got a couple from Speedway several years back. Check their site.................

4. There’s a thread on here by a French guy building a European 32. Plenty of pictures of his front panhard bar. I copied it for my 27 using a Citroen 2CV trackrod and cut down steering arm.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. ^^^^^^^^ is that how you get 20 years out of a pair of sneakers???? I like it!:D:D

6. Canuck

Canuck

Welder Series panhard bar kit on a Model A with split radius rods:
    upload_2018-3-20_10-8-53.png
    upload_2018-3-20_10-10-13.png
    Pictures taken during install/fitting. Radius rod mount also included a mount for a steering damper below the panhard bar. Frame end mount was welded to a re-enforcement that was a mount for a bolt on shock mount.

Canuck

7. Richard Reed

Richard Reed
    from Maine

Thanks for the info guys. I`am getting a clearer picture of what I need to do to fabricate one.

8. I made one from an old tie rod. Fab'd brackets similar to Canuck 's image of Welder's Series stuff.

9. kustomdeluxe

kustomdeluxe

Pete and Jakes also has one for split bones.

10. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I made one out of don tube with its length equal to the drag link length.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app