Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects poor man's three window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bgaro, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely Ricky...when things are suggested its good to talk it over...the site is about learning and open to comment, suggest, debate, respect and all those other things. I don't know everything and Wrench is a younger fella and new here. No harm no foul...and there was some light humor here and thats good to...;)...Because its supposed to be fun.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Wrench666 likes this.
  2. mike bowling

mike bowling

My fault- another attempt at humor that blew up in my face.

Sorry, Bud- back to business.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was nice humor Mike...very subtle...;)...its all good education

We need more Bgaro the Dry Lakes Wild Hotrod build...:)

Bgaro...

BGARO...

Lil'Alb and loudbang like this.
  4. bgaro

bgaro

this shot shows how round the a pillars are. when we initially set the truck roof on there, the top of the windshield was touching the cowl. the hole is hacked out of the crown. unnamed-12.jpg

5. bgaro

bgaro

this is where it wound up, flat enough for glass, although ill be using plexiglass. Eli603 doing his thing! i mostly tried to stay outta the way and handed him tools like a surgeon. unnamed-14.jpg unnamed-15.jpg

6. bgaro

bgaro

it was a busy sunday. we took a field trip to find the 40. it was exactly where the ancient prophecies foretold, unnamed-16.jpg sitting on its side for 50 years.

7. texkbc

texkbc

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Waiting for you from before your birth? How much else is there and how could it have hidden for so long?

loudbang, Hotdoggin DaddyO and Stogy like this.
  9. bgaro

bgaro

we went on up to the house to ask if we could have the hood off that old car in the woods, it didn't go so well at first. the answer was no! fuck everyone, fuck you guys, im crushing it so no one can have it. can we buy it? its not for sale either! after some gentle persuasion and a few jedi mind tricks he was helping us cut off the hood. ill drag the rest out with my tractor you can have the rest too. hahaha, dude was a kook, but we thanked him all the same.

10. bgaro

bgaro

one of the most important parts of hot rodding is standing back an looking, so thats was we did. unnamed-17.jpg unnamed-19.jpg unnamed-18.jpg

11. bgaro

bgaro

time to slow down on sheet metal and head into some chassis stuff. sooo, i'll start here. one pretty nice model A frame, and another burnt and twisted in a fire. unnamed-20.jpg

Lil'Alb, Okie Pete, dwollam and 3 others like this.
  12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Well, at least half of that hood is perfect. The other half, it looks like you forgot your bucket to haul it home in

13. pumpman

pumpman

Great thread, I'm in!

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please share your persuasive Jedi mind tricks. Seriously. What do you think it was that finally convinced him?

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. bgaro

bgaro

Step 1: show him pics of your project. step 2: agree that people are assholes and ruin it for the rest of us. Step 3: dont give up.

gonzo, Unkl Ian, Okie Pete and 13 others like this.
  16. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I see it and its awesome!
    unnamed-18.jpg

17. I can't look away!:rolleyes: I built a 3 window model using two 40 Ford hoods. I really liked the idea too. 1411.jpg 1808.jpg But it's very cool that your doing it for real. Thanks, for sharing this HOT ROD build with us. Ron....

18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, bgaro.

Lil'Alb likes this.
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that's pretty cool that you managed to find a spark of kinship with him. You showed him that you're not just a run-of-the-mill asshole.
    I was pretty upset over having to sell all my 25 years worth of collected cars and parts a while back. The saving Grace was that it all mostly went to Hamb members... real hot rodders all over the world who I knew would put it to good use. Many of them shared pics with me of what they did with it. Kind of a good feeling. I'm sure he feels the same. Maybe give him a ride someday... if he can fit in there... LOL

Okie Pete, Petejoe, cactus1 and 4 others like this.
  20. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Good on ya! Folks aren't usually just like that about their rotting cars. There's usually some deep pain and alienation that's gone on in their lives that's made them angry and bitter. Talking to them until they start talking back does great good for them. The fella probably got a good night's sleep that night. It's always worthwhile making someone smile a little.

brEad, Okie Pete, j-jock and 3 others like this.
  21. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I know how he feels. I've looked out the window to see guys looking through my car stash. I've had people take stuff when I was away. Had some young "hunters" shooting quail on their way up the road to, "ask permission to hunt". It takes a lot of talking now and there is danger involved after the first "NO". I'm glad you were able to deal with someone nicer than me. :)
    I see some Chrisman coupe in there now. Looking good.

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. Latigo

Latigo

I've been following along. Looking good. Admire your skill and dedication to the project.

23. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

Huh, someone put a 39 hood on that 40. I wish you weren't so far away I could fix you up. My neighbor has an old canoe made out of a 39 and a 40 hood welded together. I doubt it worked very well, his daughter was going to use it for a planter so I offered to build her one for the hoods. Just haven't done it yet. Your vision for this car is spot on.

24. exterminator

exterminator

I have a 40-41 ford pickup hood i was going to use and would sell for $300 but you are far from me.

25. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a pretty decent looking 40 hood in the classifieds which looks to be about an hour and a half from you in Pawtuckett, RI.

26. dwollam

dwollam

That's a '40 Standard hood, not a '39 DeLuxe.

Dave

27. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

I like it all until I see a picture of the A pillars, they just look massive to me. Carry on.

28. bgaro

bgaro

Maybe the camera angle? fairly thin from the front. unnamed-22.jpg

29. bgaro

bgaro

i broke the good frame down to the rails. cutting and hammering rivets out is fun and easy. but more importantly the A frame has a full set of numbers still on it! stoked.

30. bgaro

bgaro

here is a pic to show scale (me and the car) unnamed-3.png ...its for the guys who say i won't fit, cuz i want their heads to explode.

Lil'Alb, TheBookman, 4ever18 and 32 others like this.