Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage H.A.M.B. Auction -The Rodder’s Journal Returns to the U.S.A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Mar 14, 2018.

1. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

PIERSON_COUPE.jpg
    We’re printing TRJ in the U.S.A. again! This has been a long-term goal for us, and after crunching numbers, sampling paper and checking color, the choice is clear. After printing offshore for quite some time, we were excited to see that United States printers are offering quality and competitive prices that are second to none. We’re returning to our American roots.

That being said, we couldn’t have done it without all of you here on the H.A.M.B. Your support through the years has helped our little publishing company grow more than we could have ever imagined. With that in mind, we’re setting up a H.A.M.B. auction like none other.

As you may have heard, we briefly reintroduced Lifetime Subscriptions last month. We still have a few dozen left, but we’re auctioning off one special-edition subscription to benefit the H.A.M.B. The package will include:

- One of the FIRST advance copies of The Rodder’s Journal (issue #78) to roll off the presses of our new American printer, signed by the publisher and staff
    - A banner of the issue’s cover of your choice—one features Gray Baskerville’s Roadster and the other has Jon Wright’s ’36 Ford—in either 5x6-foot or 2.5x3-foot size

Plus…

- Every future issue of The Rodder’s Journal from here on out
    - A custom Lifetime Member T-shirt
    - Brass dry-lakes style timing tag with the Lifetime Member logo, stamped with your personalized membership number
    - Lifetime Member windshield decals that identify you as a diehard TRJ supporter
    - Lifetime Membership Certificate of Authenticity signed and numbered by TRJ publisher Steve Coonan
    - Vintage car club-style TRJ Lifetime Member courtesy cards

This package is worth well over $500. The auction will run until Wednesday, March 14th at 11:59 p.m. PST.

We’ll start the bidding at $7.80.

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. mcbay

mcbay

Yikes.....$500 smackerunies

4. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

$550.00 I’ll play....

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hey all,

It's come to our attention that we mistakenly posted the wrong end date for this auction. Rather than Wednesday the 14th, it should have been Wednesday the 21st. That being said, @mercman@bulldog wins the package as mentioned above. On behalf of TRJ and the Jalopy Journal/H.A.M.B. we thank you for your generosity.

With that in mind, we're auctioning off a second package that's exactly the same as the first—this time it'll actually end on Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. (We do still have a few Lifetime Subscriptions left, too.)

Once again, we'll start bidding at $7.80.

6. Ok I will start the bidding with 100 dollars now somebody out bid me. I think it’s Great that you are printing in the U S A Hobo Jim

7. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Yep, I was the big wiener the first time. I thought something was wrong with the end date. In all my brilliance it still took me 2 days to figure it out. Ryan@the Jalopy Journal&Steve and the staff @TRJ are straight arrows in my book, they honored the deal even though it was posted wrong. Thanks to all involved, it’s all good when we see the TRJ being printed in the U.S.A. Good luck bidders. Later Lou (mercman@bulldog)

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

czuch, TRJ, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  8. I'll bring it up a little... $200.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In at $250......

10. gdaddy

gdaddy
    from nw fl.

I am sure glad to here the printing is coming to the states , I was thinking of stopping my subscription because of the china printing , now will not have to .

Lou kriger likes this.
  11. Err, umm......
    I think the was up to $550 before this run started. :confused:

12. Er ummm. Read all the posts. That one ended and they restarted with a 2nd auction in the same thread.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  13. Well, the yoke's on me! I'm guilty of skipping over what I was accusing others. That's funny, embarrassing but funny.
    I will keep my mouth shut for 5 minutes, I promise. :oops:

14. I'll go $300
    It's all good Shift Wizard! It's easy to do. I'm sure we've all done it at some point :D:cool:

15. 350.00 if for no other reason than made in America. :)

16. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

17. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys,

We would like to thank everyone for their bids. @mercman@bulldog and @dmdeaton are our winners—they'll be receiving their Lifetime packages, magazines and banners soon. Thank you for reading TRJ and supporting the H.A.M.B.!

TRJ

Outback, Blue One, 5window and 2 others like this.