Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rex Rods: Roots and a '29 Touring

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Attached Files:

2. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As I look at the pictures I'd say the car is perfect other than maybe a little better upholstery. Something worn though. As I look at the pictures I think of the touring car (never saw it, just know it was a Model A) that the father of one of my wife's staff owns. He is divesting his cars and the touring car was in parts. I tried different times to at least go look at it but..........I found out that "dad" doesn't want a hot rodder to get it. His son knows that I am not a restorer. I ended up buying the Studebaker in my avatar having given up on the Model A. I suspect that now he would just like to move all of the parts out. I have no room for another car, even disassembled plus I am getting old and don't like carrying parts to the attic of the shop for storage. I think that touring is perfect!!!!

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Man that thing is sweet! Wouldn't change a thing.
    Hopefully the new owner is on the HAMB and can share more?
    @Ryan what became of the hood from a few posts back?

4. Oh, hell yes.

5. seatex

seatex

Yes,! Just tell us he kept the hood with the toon's!

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I asked Keith about that a while ago and he said he was holding onto it for a future project.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Rolleiflex likes this.
  7. fortynut

fortynut

Several months ago, another '28-'29 Ford Touring was put in the spotlight on the Jalopy Journal. I remember it had swinging pedals, but definitely was a driver, with a Flathead. A very impressive survivor, that I thought of as being a perfect example of what you want to have in a dry climate for getting in and going places. Maybe taking the dog, or the kids. This build appears to have been inspired by it. As a matter of fact, if my memory is not playing tricks on me, Ryan was responsible for putting that on the Journal. Wonder if he was so impressed, we are seeing a version of the best elements being used in this one. I know Mister Tardel's son is building it, but who do you reckon will drive it? Fess up Ryan. What do you say to that. Or, am I just whistling past the old car boneyard? Even if I am wrong, it's another car that turns me on, being damn near as close to perfect, for what it is, as it gets. Well done, both of you!

8. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

9. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Where is this car headed?

10. cracker head

cracker head

Daily driver duty?!?