Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's something cool to display in the back of a '50's station wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mbstude, Jan 21, 2018.

1. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Since you don't have a roof rack to tie her to, Aunt Edna could ride in the back.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. Props :rolleyes:
    Be a grown up and let the car speak for itself.

3. slack

slack

Sorry Squirrel. That was low hangin fruit. It's plain to see from your avatar that you KNOW you're pretty and I knew that gibe couldn't even scuff your exterior (or interior). Peace :cool:

4. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Go cart and or mini bikes

5. Danny or working for the mob.LOL.Bruce.

6. Robert.I had all that stuff you had in your top picture, in back of 1 of my wagons and then when I sold the wagon I sold all that stuff too.I didn't know I would be back in to the wagon thing again. LOL. Bruce.

osage orange likes this.
  7. No problem. Billy.I think most people on here know I am a station wagon guy and made a mistake by getting rid of my last wagon.I am always looking. Thanks Bruce.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. I have some as well. Some of it was may grandparents. That will never be for sale!

9. Robert .I don't blame you buddy.Bruce.

10. I pretty much lived that one out with a southern family back in the '70s. Mississippi headed for Calif ( I was headed for KC I think) to visit relatives, gaggle of kids and the absolute best bologna sammich I ever ate.

31Dodger likes this.
  11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Maybe a cooler with your road supplies in it, maybe another with drinks.
    The ultimate thing to have back there would be a busty 20 something blonde if you ask me

flatheadpete likes this.
  12. belair

belair

Tie grandma Joad on the roof.

wraymen likes this.
  13. I used to keep the Dandy pocket bike in the back of several wagons I owned. Bought it in the 1970's and used to ride it quite a bit. That was when I could still bend my legs. Called it," Despair Tire"(with apologies to the group Sea Train) and actually had to use it once when my Mini Cooper wagon broke down in the middle of nowhere. Rode it almost 5 miles to a vocational high school to use a phone and the the shop teacher gave me an ignition coil to fix the car. Rode it back and installed the coil and made it home. Billetproof01.jpg Biker1.jpg

14. pigfluxer

pigfluxer

I was going to bust your balls,but I’m late getting here.....

15. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

16. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

17. To no avail I have searched for an image of the Popular Mechanics model rocket work station. Your wagon could be the launch vehicle.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Mike

Mike

Skip the gimmicks, stick with what is useful. I own several wagons, most of the time I drive around with the back seat folded down and the back empty. When I travel or go to a car show, I will probably have a vintage cooler full of drinks and a vintage picnic basket full of snacks. When I go out to California to go surfing, I carry vintage removable roof racks and surfboards. I would most likely not be carrying any of those things without the intention of using them.

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Right now (winter in Michigan) I have a couple hundred pounds of scrap brake rotors back there for ballast.

20. Terrible80

Terrible80

Maybe a newspaper or magazine from the year of manufacture? Old Boys Life or Popular Mechanics.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Reminds me of the movie Vanishing point:D

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like the first idea you had with the go cart if I had to choose, that or a nice 50s/60s style torpedo lookin soap box derby car with a good size disc wheels

23. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

24. Since wagon were family cars, how about a vintage child seat?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  25. CBurne7

CBurne7

26. In the late 60's we used the wagon to haul our bands equipment,amplifiers,guitars,drums,mikes & PA system,when the wagon was loaded there was just enough room for me & Brenda.

3b2e0fde-6a21-4295-9249-91b5655e089d.jpg

The band didn't survive but the wagon did.

[​IMG]

Nowadays about all the wagon hauls is people and traveling gear,luggage,ice chest,chairs and other necessities for being on the road. HRP

chevy57dude likes this.