Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Screw It Im gonna go for it! 36 Ford coupe to be

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowcoe, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Thanks gentlemen,

I have the memory of a tin can. Some say it’s a curse usually for me it’s a blessing. Don’t dwell much on the past. I had to go back and re read the big discussion that was had regarding where the roof should lie. Here is a picture with it moved back 5 inches from even with front of rear fender. This was the position that most liked and that moose’s renderings were based off of. I cut off the sail panels from the 36 rear window panel ( they have some poof) and the trimmed the harsh curves of the back corners of the sedan roof. This gives the whole roof a bit of poof in the back (just a bit ). I think I can learn to like this. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Imagine some extended rear fenders with the same curvature.....

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like the roof in the last photo, but now the trunk lid and wheel well area behind the tire are the focal point, again maybe it is camera angle. Bob

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. That looks right,

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Like it. I think the tape is making it look like there is a bump where the front meets or maybe still work to do there. It is going to be long. Will the wheels look to far forward? May be the angle again. They'll think you started with a Lincoln. Great work long and low and yours!

6. Squablow

Squablow

I liked it before OK but I do like the split rear window and the relative slope-y-ness of that sedan roof shape. It's going to be custom no matter what, I'd get behind that as the final roof shape.

7. It’s agonizing. I’ve always suffered from hot rod indecision that’s why nothing has ever been finished. Just got to bite the bullet I guess.

8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You have done a great job so far. We sit back and comment. Don't let us distract you. You'll be the guy behind the wheel grinning. :D

9. The comments have been far from distraction. Positive (most) or negative they all helped shape the direction of the build for the better.

10. Since this is the direction it’s gonna go I fashioned a molasses bath for the top. It’s got surface rust everywhere including the rear window and package tray which is near impossible to clean up otherwise [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

What has become to this one?

Stogy and Nailhead A-V8 like this.