Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Deuce Steel Frame

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by free07110, Mar 7, 2018.

1. free07110

free07110

Looking for anyone that has used a Deuce Steel Chassis from Hot Rod and Custom stuff. I have a Deuce Steel Frame and getting ready to order a standard size radiator for it. I came across an article from Hot Rod that stated that the shell and radiator would have to be modified due to the the frame swings up in the front. I have emailed Randy at Hot Rod and Custom Stuff and waiting on a response. Just curious of anyone else have used their frames and had to modify the radiator? If so what modification you have to do?
    Below is the link to the article I came across.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0212sr-deuce-frame/

2. It appears the front frame rails are a few inches higher that the original rail shown on the bottom,just my way of thinking but using a stock body and hood you would need a shorter radiator shell & radiator to keep the proportions aesthetically pleasing. HRP

[​IMG]

3. i have not seen one of those frames in person , but looking at the pictures in the Hot Rod article you can see the front frame rails are radically swept up and pinched 3 inches. that's going to need a shorter radiator and some mods to the grille shell to get it in . also will need a special curved hood sides to match the frame

the article mentions they may be offering a modified radiator , grille shell and hood sides....check with them

i'd hold off on ordering that standard radiator

4. Why go through all that hassle? Can't you just use your dropped axle and etc?

5. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

If I remember right it's a 3" chopped radiator you have to carve the mount tabs slightly and put a bigger notch in the grill shell , same as you would on a channeled car

Hrcs will probably try to sell you their special radiator, but you should be able to call walker and tell them what you have going on

6. free07110

free07110

Randy from HRCS emailed me back. Yes chopped radiator from walker. Told me to call them and they should know what I need after discussing I have a Deuce Steel. Gave me details on what to do to get the shell to fit. Very happy he gave me the insight I needed! Solid guy!