Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cast Aluminium Transmission Pan for C4 wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beansnomore, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Beansnomore

Beansnomore

Does anyone know where I can get a stock depth cast aluminium transmission pan for a C4 please? There seem to be a number of deep extra capacity pans available but nothing stock depth which I will need for my ‘32 Ford roadster with a 302 Windsor. I know of one chap in South Australia who was making them, but he is no longer. Does anyone know of anyone else casting such an item? My steel pan leaks and I’ve been told that the only real fix is a cast item. Any leads appreciated.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. robracer1

robracer1

For my 32 roadster with 302/C4 got it at Summit for same reason, believe it was same depth, sorry can't find my invoice for part number. Found part # TFS-1006 made by trick flow.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    porknbeaner likes this.
  3. I don't believe that. Your stock one may be bent or misshapen on the mounting surface, bolts could be over tightened etc. Over tightening squishes out the gasket and distorts the pan rail around the bolt head, leading to leaks. Get another good steel one or make sure the one you have have is true and re-install with no sealer and don't wrench down on the bolts.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. I have a B&M one on mine and love it. Holds more fluid and has a drain plug.
    With that being said , I concur with the X38 the trouble is likely from deformation caused by over tightening

5. B&M p/n 50281

6. Replaced leaking pan with a new old stock bought from trans guy, result no leaks.

7. Beansnomore

Beansnomore

Thanks guys. The 2 aluminium pans referred to above have larger capacity then the stock and will therefore hang lower. If though it’s only a quart extra over stock, I guess that means about hanging about 15 mm lower than stock before allowing for the added cooling fins. I therefore need to get under the car again and see if this extra depth brings it down too low. Else I will keep looking or pull the current steel one off and straighten it and reinstall it, without being so enthusiastic with the bolt tightening. I’m though genuinely surprised from looking through the pages of the Summit Racing catalogue, that there are many many pan options, but all alloy pans for the C4 are extra capacity pans and that the only stock capacity pans are steel. There are though alloy pans stock depth for the GM 350 and 400 trans.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018