Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Story of a wishbone- FR lakester T build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by the pinstriper, Mar 5, 2018.

1. the pinstriper

the pinstriper
    from duxford UK

Hi guys, I have just started a youtube channel for my first build, very early days still here- but I have just finished editing my first video to share with you all. Please share, like and subscribe to my channel. Im trying to create a little snippet of some of the bits I'm getting unto in my shop, the Channel will have a mix of my fabrication/tricks and tips/product videos/job related edits plus the updates I hope to continue on my T build. I'm aiming to bring out a series of videos with accompanying photos to show the process and progression in the shop, rather than the big drama no action poop we see on TV all the time.

I started recording this as more of a tech into how I went about this process, but after watching all of the footage back the audio wasn't usable as I left my GoPro in the case whilst talking, hopefully next time I can go into detail with set ups and have a better in sight into processes taken.

It may seem a bit odd to start with wishbones, but I have been working to a small budget and playing in the workshop in Sundays for some time to stretch my legs with my machines a bit. All of this happened before having customers cars leave in order to build the chassis table.

Anyway, heres my first video

plus a chunk of more detailed photos
    [​IMG]1 by the pinstriper, on Flickr

[​IMG]2 by the pinstriper, on Flickr

[​IMG]3 by the pinstriper, on Flickr

[​IMG]welded by the pinstriper, on Flickr

[​IMG]4 by the pinstriper, on Flickr

[​IMG]5 by the pinstriper, on Flickr

Next up, chassis table fab- and getting these parts with the A chassis, steel T body and running gear up onto the table.

[​IMG]parts by the pinstriper, on Flickr

Thanks for watching/reading- all ideas welcome to bring a slightly different element to the standard "build thread" style.

Joe @fresh_reflections

burl, akoutlaw, gordspeed and 9 others like this.
  2. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

Great movie and MUSIC !!! It was a cool idea to attach camera on you safety helmet while grinding wishbone and faster sequels when machining multiple peaces !! Well Done !!! Hopefully we will see more videos of your ride !!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  3. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Great work,Video, An RL Burnside.. Perfect! Love the Delta "Hills" Blue's

4. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Just Bitchin and good tunes to go with it...Nice Work...

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So, I'm dig'n the video (retired machinist) then I see that fab tig welding, and I'm going please dont grind those welds, too late, oh well.
    Nice work there!
    By the way, is that a Colchester lathe?
    I bought a new 18x80" American Turnmaster in the late 80's but no longer have it, supposed to be a Colchester copy, looked like yours.

6. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Good watching ,I envy people who have some good tools.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoyed that. Had my toe tappin'. Beautiful bones.
    1969, 7th grade...the school library had subscriptions to STREET RODDER and Rod & Custom. I began spending my study hall time studying...hot rods.
    The first unfamiliar term..."split wishbones". What the heck are split wishbones? The nice men who wrote for the magazines helped me to understand the importance of what I just watched you do.

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the Fresh Reflections...In Steel...That was great...I always say machinists are amazing...Precision fit was a joy to watch. You got the right stuff and you are very good at the other details. Look forward to many more...Thanks @the pinstriper

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

10. gordspeed

gordspeed
    from Oregon

Very, Very Nice! Can't wait for more!

11. Nice work. We used to call that "Healing" them. But sleeveing is probably more correct.

Looks good. ;)

12. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

13. banjorear

banjorear

Well done! Please keep posting