Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lowering a 1936 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jamoke, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Jamoke

Jamoke

I seen a couple other threads on lowering the 36 with the parallel leaf springs and the way they're mounted I don't really see a lot of options.

Butch's sells a dropped axle but that's like $800 then you have to use Ford spindles and then a brake kit for it so there you looking at like $1,600

I don't have a lot of cash so I'm looking for ways to lower the front end on this to get it down.

Was thinking about having a new leaf made possible mono leaf I don't see a lot of room between the spring and the frame to drop it very much maybe I'm wrong

Bought the vehicle with 14 inch wheels and tires on the front and 15 in the back I'm not looking to do that

Any help lowering this on a budget would really be appreciated let me know what you got

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. lowrd

lowrd

Just a suggestion of what you can do yourself. Remove the mainleaf and re-arch/de-arch with reversed spring eyes.
    Is the axle mounted above or below the spring? If below, change it to above the axle. It would be a pretty serious drop and could cause axle to oil pan issues. Just some diy ideas.

3. canning

canning

My 35 Plymouth uses an early 60's Chevy van axle. Has about a 4" drop, but was narrowed.

4. I seen one with a ford transverse set up. May be a little cheaper
    Also. Would an aftermarket tube drop axle work by adding your spring perches. I have seen ford spindles used on mopar axles. Wonder if the opposite is possible