Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB@Silver Dollar Motorsports Park Sept. 22,2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 3, 2018.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The 13th Annual Run What Ya Brung will be at Silver Dollar Motorsports Park in Reynolds, GA Sept.22,2018 in conjuction with an event by the SNDRA.
    More details as things develop through the year, so mark it on your event calendar for a day of fun.

clemsoncrewman and Floater03 like this.
  2. southcross2631

southcross2631

Good place to go on my birthday . Looking forward to it.

Floater03 likes this.
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

You will be running your Morris Minor with SNDRA? Look forward to meeting you.

4. southcross2631

southcross2631

If I get better from my surgery and get my car done. I will run with any group that is close to the house and I am ready. I am building for the SEGA , but if they have an open weekend or are way off . I might run a closer race. Running for points anymore is too much like a job. Too old for that.

Floater03 likes this.

5. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Hopefully Andrew can get a flyer done up and we can start spreading the word. (hint...hint)

6. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to it! This gives me a target date to have my heap on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Floater03 likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

For those that haven't been to this event, it's a laid back fun day. If you have questions or comments please post them here.

8. afaulk

afaulk

If any of you guys have FED's or Altereds, we have a group on FaceBook that you may want to check out also. Our first race is scheduled for May 4th and 5th. Real heads up racing and real payouts. No admission or entry fees. (The Group name is Slingshots, Altereds and Fuel Coupe Dragsters). Membership is for owners and drivers only. Come on Down.

Floater03 likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

afaulk, our meet is not as competition oriented as that, we mostly run for fun and a few homemade trophies and one perpetual trophy, mostly for street legal and oriented stuff, although any vehicle is welcome, assuming safety consistent with the speeds they run. For instance, I run my roadster only 1/8 mile, although 1/4 is available, since I feel the car is too fast for the quarter as currently equipped for the street.
    No classes, no qualifying, just having fun, and challenge whoever you please, or run solo.
    There is another Nostalgia group running the same day, and I think the name is Southern Nostalgia Gassers, or something similar. From what I understand they are a small group, and maybe later we'll have more details on them here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Floater03 likes this.
  10. I need to look into both of these up coming races. im looking for a few new events and tracks to bring my coupe to.

Floater03 likes this.
  11. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

We are not an "exclusive" event to SDMSP the day of our event.The SNDRA, SOG's, SEG's all run scheduled races/events at several tracks. Any and all are welcome(and personally invited ;)) to attend this event. DOM explained us well, above. It just so happens that SNDRA will be running on the same day as us this year. Looking forward to seeing Jim and his bunch.

brianf31 likes this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just a bump back to the top.:cool:

Floater03 likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't think I have mentioned it yet, but camping is free, and there is a small hotel in town. See link to hotel on track site.

Floater03 and brianf31 like this.
  14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Been a couple of weeks, so, bump(this is the only picture from last year I have on my computer at work) toms van.JPG

15. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Just saw there is a Ga. hambers social group here, join up and spread the word!(thanks Jim!)

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

For those that have stuff around that they no longer want to squirrel away or for whatever reason want to sell stuff, there's no charge for as much space as you want/need to display it. Just bring it out and show it off.
    We would of course hope that the majority of your stuff be automotive oriented.

Floater03 likes this.
  17. Got this on the calendar. This is a laid back event with good folks!

Floater03 likes this.
  18. 24A8AF07-4834-4073-8745-0933A524221C.jpeg FD4D2B61-23A6-4896-82F9-D6778AA728AE.jpeg Can’t wait. Always a great day with great people.
    K:cool::cool:L

Floater03 likes this.
  19. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Oh Yeah! Good times!!

Floater03 likes this.
  20. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Bump DSCN0063.jpg

Attached Files:

GAOldsman likes this.
  21. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

looking good!

Floater03 likes this.
  22. I’ve been slacking, still gotta figure out what’s wrong with the rear end on the Hoodlum.

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

What's going on with the Hoodlum's rear end?

24. When I last drove it, it was smoking from both rear drums. I didn’t see any brake fluid leaking and suspect the seals went tango uniform in the tubes. Haven’t touched it since.

25. Scot,
    What rear does the Hoodlum run? Also, what gearing?

26. Chebby 12 bolt and 3.73 gears

27. Hombre

Hombre

Old Man, is Reynolds on hiway 96?

GAOldsman likes this.
  28. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Hombre
    Yes SilverDollar MSP is on Hwy.96 just outside of Reynolds

29. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Haven't seen this at the top in a while, so lets bring it up there. barney@rwyb.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  30. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hell yea! Best weekend of the year!

Floater03 likes this.