Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods INFO need for side window kit 52 F-1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1955 F-100 guy, Feb 28, 2018.

1. 1955 F-100 guy

1955 F-100 guy
    from NE Pa

A Friend got a 1952 Ford F-1 that is CHOPPED and needs info where to get power window set-up and get side window weather strip kit complete, ( NO side vent window )--pictures-- Thanks

2. 1955 F-100 guy

1955 F-100 guy
    from NE Pa

3. I find that the Power window kit from Specialty Power is a very easy unit to install. I've used them many times and never had one fail yet. With no vent window he'll need to do his own felt channel stuff. I doubt anyone makes anything for Chopped applications being there is no sure fire way to know what it would take. Go to any automotive Glass shop and get a full stick of U Channel and make it work. You'll need to come up with a retainer for U channel at the front of door being that Vent window channel used to be what did the job. After installing the U channel I then make a window pattern out of veneer plywood and actually hook it up to power and make sure it goes up and down, Then go get the Glass cut to fit patterns. It can get a little Labor intense. Remember, Glass don't bend.
    The Wizzard

4. Mid Fifties F -100 parts bought out the only F-1 kit supplier I know of. Might try their website, could be a link to it, I know they've produced a new catalog but for the life of me I can't remember the name.
    I bought the kit less glass, not a lot to it. Having said that, I still don't have them installed.

5. Something else you should check out being I don't know F-1's real well. On a lot of vehicles the Door glass and the Vent window are NOT on the same projectile line. The divider bar allows the door glass and vent window to come together at two different angles. Deleting the Vent window brings a big issue in getting the front and rear channels to be in a perfect line to each other. You might want to do some homework there.
    The Wizzard