Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How often do you drive your hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 23, 2018.

1. boutlaw

boutlaw

Not to much for the last month, its never stopped raining....but I think we may clear for a few days the end of this week and Ill be driving for sure....nothing better

Stogy likes this.
  2. badvolvo

badvolvo

Not enough, but that's about to change, just need a good rain to wash the roads off. I park them after the first snow, or first sanding and salting of the roads, get them back out after winter is over and the roads are rain-washed.

Stogy likes this.
  3. I like the Jail bar trucks. HRP

4. ENUF 41

ENUF 41

Super nice driver

5. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

i can believe that. plenty ground clearance for flat florida and loads of head room.very nice jail bar

6. Blaise the Barbarian

Blaise the Barbarian
    from Colgate UK

7. Blaise the Barbarian

Blaise the Barbarian
    from Colgate UK

When ever I can !!! -2 degrees this Sunday morning at 8 am , going to a breakfast meet at a local polo club...sounds to posh for a rod meet , but good fun

Stogy and captain scarlet like this.
  8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right now even my daily driver 55 Chevy is off the road. We usually get pretty mild winters, with a little snow here and some rain there to wash the salt off the roads. But this year is different, they keep dumping salt daily since early December. All the cars a white The 55 is flooded with cavity grease and would certainly survive a day of salt or two if I kept washing it frequently, but this year it doesn´t make any sense since we have temperatures of around 5 ° F. The positive side of this is, I now have time to get the leaking top tank of the radiator resoldered and pressure tested, a rear wheel bearing started to get noisy last summer that needs to be repaired, I installed a trailer hitch and wired it up and if the salt is going to stay even longer I might give it a try and see how the 63 year old paint will shine up if it´s being buffed... There is always something to do.

Stogy and chevy57dude like this.
  9. Deuces

Deuces

What hot rod????.....:(:(:(

Stogy likes this.
  10. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I run one of mine every day year round. Even in the snow/salt.
    I don't own a modern car.

11. I have put on about 4-6k every summer as a cruiser, up here we only have 4-6 months of decent weather.
    I have a more HAMB friendly car that I intend to make my daily driver through the Summer months.
    I miss Summer!

61Cruiser and Stogy like this.
  12. tbirddragracer

tbirddragracer

I drive my '57 Bird to work rain or shine, about 23 miles round trip.
    Once in the snow, as we seldom see snow in East Texas.
    Getting in the Bird for the drive home relaxes me.
    Ernie

47ragtop, BLUSHU and Stogy like this.
  13. Retrorod

Retrorod

Mine gets driven 3-4 times a week. The weather is pretty good around my place year 'round. The wife's roadster gets used several times a month. Once we are both retired (in a few months) the hot rods will more or less be daily drivers.
    We are talking about maybe making a Route 66 run one more time...maybe next summer.

Stogy likes this.
  14. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

During the season (April-October) here, I probably average 4/5 times a week except when we’re on a road trip to an out of state event.
    Planning to finish Rt.66 West after NSRA OKC this year among others. :cool:

Stogy and 47ragtop like this.
  15. 61 drivers from rear corner.jpg
    Try to drive one of mine once a week but not in this weather-

Stogy, kiwijeff, bobss396 and 2 others like this.
  16. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

When I had my 39 deluxe coupe I drove it nearly every day to work May thru September. My convertible doesn't get driven nearly as much. It's a shame I love driving the rag top but just don't drive it daily like the coupe.

Stogy likes this.
  17. IMG_1077.JPG I drive the "shop truck" almost every day and have for years, ice, snow, sleet or rain. It's been to Bonneville and as far North and South as I care to drive it. I run it hard and it likes it!!

F&J, bchrismer, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  18. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Stogy likes this.
  19. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

I've been blessed to be able to drive the 57 everyday for the past 17yrs. It lacks a heater and has holes in the floor (lost my sun glasses last week) but it makes me happy to get in and shift the 4spd on my way home from work! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

F&J, Dave Mc, 47ragtop and 4 others like this.
  20. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Sorry to hear that guys. Not working at the moment means the black beast doesn’t see much road time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I got one out yesterday and drove it to work for the first time this year,now its time to start changing oil and getting them ready for the road.

Stogy likes this.
  22. I always wanted to make a canvas cover for my 32 pickup similar to the one you have on your truck,it looks great! HRP

23. sedantudor

sedantudor

As long as it is running and I did not break anything. As my daughters tell me, I am either driving or fixing, one of the two. All part of the fun.

Stogy likes this.
  24. I was in Miami last week, no riding in the '59 at all. I don't drive in the rain either, which we had lots of up here lately. Beats the carp out of snow. If there is salt on the roads, I wait for a good rain to wash it off.

With the air-gap intake and cam, it takes a long warm up and it cools off quick if the temp is 40 or below. I had it out yesterday after I got back from Florida, it was around 50. I do drive it on very cold days, but I still have to do the driver-side door gasket. The breeze is pretty substantial even with a good heater.

Stogy likes this.
  25. 47ragtop

47ragtop

Drove my '40 13 times in February. Didn't go anywhere special. We had 13 plus inches of rain In February for a new record (old record 11 plus ). I might get caught in the rain ,but I won't leave in the rain when just running errands etc. I drove 14 times in January mostly when it was below freezing but clear and sunny. Later Bill

Stogy and i.rant like this.
  26. I've owned my avatar for just on five years, and it's been my daily driver for most of four years. It's currently waiting to go to it's new home, as I've sold it. I'll miss it, but I've got new adventures to carry on with. Told my buddy my next black n flamed ride will be a mobility scooter.

Stogy likes this.
  27. Today!
    Because it's nice and sunny. If not it's my old 68 Jeepster, so I count that

Stogy likes this.
  28. I was out in the sedan this morning,a little cool so the windows stayed up but the sun was shining and I saw a few other guys in town driving their cars also,a nice yellow & white 55 Chevy and a 47 Jailbar truck. HRP

Stogy likes this.
  29. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

I drive a slammed 74 suburban in the winter months, and my 55 Chevy 4 door when there isn't 12" of snow on the ground, so easily 4-5K miles per year.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.
  30. After reading some (haven't made it through all 4 pages) it never really occurred to me that after retirement I would be working more on the projects vs driving the cars....I figured it would be the same as working (driving at night). I used to daily drive them, but I'm a a van pool now...so nights and weekend nights. Still a few times a year I'll drive into work just because. When I take vacation days, I drive around when I'm not working on a vehicle........yea, I don't really vacation on my vacation :).

HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.