Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Inliners lets see your split exhaust.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by leadfootloon, Feb 25, 2018.

1. I'm in the middle of putting stuff together for my split exhaust system in my 47 fleetline with a 57 235. I have Fenton headers on the way. And really want to see what people have done. So post some pictures of your set up.

2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Details are in my Build Thread.

IMG_0474.JPG IMG_0578.JPG IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0635.JPG

3. Umm WOW!!! THAT IS AWESOME and looks killer. Good work sir.

loudbang likes this.

4. Blake Higley

Blake Higley

A work in progress

Attached Files:

loudbang and leadfootloon like this.
  5. This will probably be the way I go there are some nice kits but for close to 700 hundred dollars I will just make one. One thing I'm trying to figure out is I put a t5 in and there isn't much room to cross overto the passenger's side. Has anyone just ran down one side of the car?

loudbang likes this.
  6. Blake Higley

Blake Higley

Running them down 1 side together are sometimes called shotguns, i went under the back end of my T5, it clears mine by an inch or so but I am not useing the rear trans mount, just habging it on the bell houseing that mounts to the rear cross member. My hydroboost takes a lot of the room on the drivers side and didnt want to crowd it.

leadfootloon and loudbang like this.
  7. Cabbie

Cabbie
    from DeLand, FL

I would recommend running a rear trans cross member. My built 235 has cracked 2 trannys. the first broke 2 mounting bolt ears off, and the second was at the tail shaft housing. Im not sure if its the torque or the fact that I drive it like I stole it.

leadfootloon likes this.
  8. Letting the t5 just hang there seems to be a bad idea. I just finished my crossmember rework cut 10" out and made new with a drop out center.
    20180210_232212.jpg

9. Blake Higley

Blake Higley

The original factory 3 sp just hung there, my thought is for a cruiser it should be fine. My other concern is keeping alignment perfect between front motor mount, bell houseing mount and a rear trans mount may be impossible, any frame twist must be compensated for, aluminum trans would be the weakest part. 2 place mount will allow some movement, 3 place mount frame must be very stiff. Just my thinking

10. The 3 speed is cast iron so there is a lot more strength there and the factory is the one that put the mount in for the t5 and left the 3 speed hang there. And its all rubber mounted so I would think there is plenty of play/twist so all is happy. And if you put the t5 and the 3 speed next to each othere the t5 is quite larger. This is just my 2 cents and what I have found in my research.