Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods identify engine adapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rcranger, Feb 23, 2018.

1. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

trying to figure what this may be worth ,need parts for my lakes roadster been on shelf for while,what i notice is that it has what look to be frame mounts , says chevy to early ford, only # can find is 3 39c thanks for any help

Attached Files:

j-jock and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Regular old Chevy V8 to early Ford trans. I think the ears and the flat spot on the bottom might mean it was meant for a boat. Did old boats use a trans or in/out box with old Ford pattern?

Hnstray, j-jock and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Is it cast iron ? I had the same mount several years ago. Mine was cast iron. I bought it in Bakersfield, California at the Hot rod Reunion. I sold mine a few years ago.

4. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

aluminum, just have not found one that looks like this one,with the ears for mounts

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Circle burner ...

6. Maybe intended 55-57 S.B.C.'s before side motor mounts?

sunbeam likes this.
  7. choptop40

choptop40

It's a watcha ma call it

8. Its to adapt a chevy V8 to the ford flathead transmissions. was popular back in the days when the rodders swapped chevy engines into shoe box fords because they wanted to go faster.

9. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

most dont have the ears on them one guy thought it was for model A's to mount a chevy in it the A's had a frame mounts at the bellhousing ,but cant seem to find any picts of one that looks like this one,

10. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

i have some of the mounts from a 55-57 v8 chevy they attached to the front like a ford flathead had the large rubber pucks to cushion it