Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is this door handle from????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thriftmaster, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Hi guys
    I picked up a 1926-7 coupe/2 dr sedan door with this door handle on it. I have never seen another for a model T like it. Does anyone recognize this or what it is off of? I would like to find the match for the other side for it. 004.JPG

2. My father had a 27 Chrysler, very similar to that.

3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I had those. They were on my '27 T Coupe. I'm sure they were used on other makes and models and can be found at Model T Swap Meets. I would give them to you if I still had them.

Try the Model T Forum. I'm sure you can find one there.

I have also seen them new on Lang's Old Car Parts.

4. Thanks for the replies, It may be a Ford item but this one never had an insert in it. It is brass with nickle and I did try the model T forum on the barn but have had no answers at all.

5. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Looks like a Robertson screw on it, so it's Canadian production. If that matters.

stanlow69 likes this.
  6. Yes the door is Canadian, it came from Saskatchewan. I have still never found a match to this door handle and you would think that with all the model T's made that I would be able to find at least one match to this handle for my project.

7. These door handles are the kind of part that Ford and other manufacturers likely outsourced, and it's possible that Canadian production used a different supplier and thus a slightly different part for the door handles.