Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Metal Shaping Classes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatnasty, Feb 24, 2018.

1. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Hey Fellas

I just want to throw this out there. Im wanting to seriously start pursuing metal shaping. I would like to take some classes. Im not interested in taking a little 6hr thing that shows you some minor basics. I would like to do somthing that is multi day to a week long that really gets into it. There is alot of options for this i am coming to realize. Who does eveyone recomend. Travelling is not an issue.

Thanks Brad

2. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

Fay Butler. Wheelright, MA.

anthony myrick likes this.
  3. Lazze in Pleasanton California is another.

Wanting to do his class as well.

Mtw fdu.

4. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

Google search Wray Schelin

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Wray Schelin's classes in Mass are pretty top notch

6. oj

oj

Go to a website called 'allmetalshaping' and join up. They have an 'events' section where talented metalshapers host 2-3 day events for modest prices. At those events you'll get to work with different techniques and tools where you find your own 'niche' and then consider taking the more advanced classes by Fay Butler, Kent White etc. many of the masters are members of AllMetalShaping and will help you along.

7. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Fay Butler. My son and i met him at Hershey a few years back .My son was becoming interested in Metal Shaping and Fay spent a lot of time talking with him and invited us out to his facility.Great guy and very talented.

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

The 6 hr class I attended taught us how to make a bowl from a flat sheet. Sure theres more to it but we learned how to shrink and stretch and thats what you need to start making pieces

bct likes this.
  9. oj

oj

Stretch and shrink is all you can do to shape metal, the hard part is mastering the different ways.

10. slim39

slim39
    from pa

Gene windfield of cailfornia has metal shaping class contact his shop for info