Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Time to build a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Squablow

Squablow

I find the labor hours invested thing to be super weird coming from an insurance agent. A perfectly preserved, 0 mile original car that's been in a container for 60+ years would require 0 labor hours and be worth a lot of money, depending on what the car was, and someone could spend 1000 hours restoring an 88 Taurus and that wouldn't make the car worth $50K. Very odd.

2. 392

AMPAC like HRP said. Very easy to deal with and will insure while build is in progress. Cheap.

3. driverquality

driverquality

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but who/what is AMPAC? I’m to a point that I’ll be looking to insure mine soon as I’m hoping it’ll be drivable this summer, but also far from finished so that may make insuring it for what it would cost me to replace it difficult. Finding a rust free ‘57 Chevy truck (in the midwest especially) is pretty close to impossible unless it’s restored or never been driven, so I feel it’s got some value as an “unfinished” driver. Thanks in advance!

4. 392

Google ANPAC and or Chrome insurance you will find it better than the rest. The main reason I've had them was on previous ride other insurance limited your driving (fine print) they didn't. Also on build I'm on they payed a visit and they were good insuring replacement value under construction. No liability. If I'm correct like $50-75 a year.

driverquality likes this.
  5. mike bowling

mike bowling

I had Grundy for years and all I ever did was send them three views of the car and we agreed on a value ( which I came up with and they never questioned). Recently I switched to Haggerty because they have an office ten minutes away. Basically the same procedure and no problems. Last year I put a second car on the policy and they never even asked for pictures, just wanted to see the title. Fortunately I've never had to file a claim, but a friend had a fire in his 55 Nomad and it was a total loss. He had Grundy, and they settled on the amount they had agreed on when he took out the policy. Good luck with it

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

6. A Boner

A Boner

Aren't insurance companies made up of bean counters and lawyers.....yikes!

7. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Try JC Taylor. I have had good luck with them.

8. low down A

low down A

every time I've had to use a insurance company i'd call it bad luck

Atwater Mike likes this.
  9. Gman0046

Gman0046

I've never had the slightest problem with Grundy on an agreed value policy. Then again I've had them for years with no claims.