Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 235 w Alan Grove bracket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dtwbcs, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

Anybody use the Alan Grove A/C/Alternator bracket with a 235? Will it work with the 4barrel Clifford intake &Fenton Headers? I want to add A/C to my car-1960 Bel Air with a 235engine with Clifford 4barrel intake& Fenton Headers.

Thanks as usual-

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Always make your own brackets. Then, you have a better chance of them fitting.

3. cometman98006

cometman98006

I was in a terrible situation with my alternator bracket after I added power steering. Found Alan's ad in the back of Custom Truck mag. It fit like a glove, is sturdy but they are bare metal so either paint or off to the chrome shop.

loudbang and dtwbcs like this.
  4. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

The alt bracket attaches to the forward most exhaust manifold bolt. I see what your concern is... the plenum of the Clifford intake is wider than a stock intake. Are you dead set on that Clifford intake? The Holly I have for my '62-261ci is 390 cfm. You are going to be over carbed on that 235.

I have that Alan Grove bracket set-up, I'll try it on my bare block with the Clifford intake. Give me a shout or hit me with a cattle prod until I tell you the results. Give me a few days.

loudbang likes this.

5. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

I also like to make my own but go with a serpentine set up for a cleaner and more compact install. Picture of an Alan Grove 235 bracket and of my serpentine arrangement (photo is not of the final finished one). I think the AG bracket will allow an after market intake and I'm sure the serpentine one would.

IMG_4166 (1).JPG IMG_4179 (1).JPG

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Vintage Air unit for that car and engine looks pretty rugged http://www.jegs.com/i/Vintage-Air/960/15284-VCB/10002/-1
    I was looking at their compressor/alternator bracket for my 292 yesterday and it is a lot cleaner looking than most if I don't run power steering.

Davis speed Equipment sells this one that moves the compressor to the passenger side but it is rather spendy. In his Ebay store. He is on FB but far as I can figure doesn't have a web site. I think he has two versions for different pumps.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    dtwbcs and loudbang like this.
  7. Blake Higley

Blake Higley

Coilover, talk to me on what balancer and pullys you are useing? I made my own alternator and ps pump brackets. My pump is down low where gen used to be and alt is above it. Im useing a 2 belt pump pully to drive the alt from the pump. Not sure the single belt on th balancer wil drive both the pump and alt, would love to try a serpentine setup.

8. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

I have been searching several years for parts now to get a/c in my car. Very few places make parts specifically for the 6cylinders.I am going with the Davis Speed Equipment set up .Because he offers everything needed as a "kit" so that I can stop scrounging for parts needed from different places for an a/c setup .Not too pricey when you start adding up the cost of all those parts. As a bonus he also has what I need to add a/c to my gmc302engine in my 58gmc 1/2ton truck:cool:
    THANKS !!