Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help ID these shock mounts please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nosetime, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Bought these at a flea market, not sure what they are, probably can't use on my Model A roadster build, Thanks on advance, Greg

Attached Files:

2. Budget36

Budget36

F-1's..48-50? Ford truck fronts.

Edit:

Wait a minute,I don't recall the ones I had were "flat"on the lower mounting hole, nor threaded into the top like that.

3. Thanks, what is confusing me is the lower mount is half the thickness, machined flat. You might be able to see on the pic? I will be doing the Tardel style rework if I can use these? Last set of these on Hamb were $150, so I don't want to hack something that is more valued to someone else as stock. I can always pick up the more common style to modify. Greg

4. Budget36

Budget36

That's what caught my eye as well, and why I edited my post.

I also don't recall the F1 mounts being threaded into, pretty sure the ones I had, the threads were on the outside of the mount.

Lemme edit again...lol...put my glasses on, I see that's a nut on the end, not a bolt going into the mount..

Well heck, gonna close the computer down,gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere....

5. Fordors

Fordors

The lower area was not machined flat, those were forged that way. They are Dodge/Plymouth pickup shock mounts, early ‘50’s for sure, maybe 1940’s too.

6. Dave Friend

Dave Friend

Hi
    My buddy gave me a set off his 38 Plymouth sedan. Bend them shape them for your hot rod.
    Dave

7. roundvalley

roundvalley

The Dodge ones are shorter.

8. Mopar mounts; not as versatile (or valuable) as F-1 mounts.

9. maneri

maneri
    from ohio