Register now to get rid of these ads!

First time posting, owner of a 31 ford coupe in a couple of days!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ilija, Feb 19, 2018.

1. ilija

ilija
    from sweden

Hi everybody from a snowy sweden.:(

Im new to cars, been driving choppers for 20 years and lurking here for harley-related topics for many years. but now that i have small kids i wanted a car to bring them with me..
    So, I'm about to buy a 31 ford coupe this week. (( Bought it last week))
    I plan to build a traditional rod out of it.

It was refurbished around 1995 in the states. The car was imported from the Us 2012 to Sweden

My idea is to change to a flathead V8 / other transmission
    chop roof 2-3¨
    change wheels and tires
    drop it front and rear
    and the other stuff that goes with the above.

Sorry in advance for errors in my writing IMG_3163.jpg IMG_3164.jpeg IMG_3171.jpg IMG_3168.jpeg IMG_3164.jpeg IMG_3165.jpeg IMG_3166.jpeg IMG_3167.jpeg IMG_3169.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. WOW, that is nice. For my taste I would not change much at all on the looks of the car. A flathead v8 is ok or there are high compression heads, hot cams, dual carbs & exhausts, overdrive unit to go behind transmission, etc. Or you could go back to 19" on the rears OR change ring & pinion to get higher gearing and those things will get on down the hwy. at surprising speeds. On the dual carbs some just use the Y adapter with original manifold & some change the manifold. Both work great. There are Hydraulic brake upgrades you need to do in you make it go faster.
    I have several local friends who each have a few.
    Keep us updated with photo's as you progress.
    Jimmie

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. mike bowling

mike bowling

Welcome from Massachusetts. That's a nice coupe you're getting! My suggestion is that you check it over and make it safe then drive it for a season. Things you want to change will become obvious, instead of jumping into things that can wait. Good luck with it!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

4. I believe the title of this page is "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" not your car..might help to complete your profile page too..

5. ilija

ilija
    from sweden

Thanks for your reply and your suggestions Jimmie, i 'll try to rush slowly and plan it out before i do any major mods!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  6. ilija

ilija
    from sweden

Thanks Mike, good idea but sooo hard to follow :eek:

mike bowling likes this.
  7. ilija

ilija
    from sweden

Your right, I edited a little and will continue.. Thanks.

8. ilija

ilija
    from sweden

So, waking up this thread again.
    Been a year since i bought the car. Been busy building a garage and life. This is how the car looked sometime in aug -18

Attached Files:

9. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi again. Looks great. Bet it runs fine also. Jimmie