Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The old Deuce beater gets some much needed love

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 16, 2018.

1. When I traded the red 32 sedan with Ron last year for his primered '32 4 door highboy sedan and I kinda ignored my old beater and spent a lot of time fixing minor things I didn't like and re working the brake pedal.

I really enjoyed the car and drove it a lot and then another cutie got in my eyes and the 4 door was traded it for a sweet 32 highboy that has been my newest fascination.

Last week I decided to drive the old sedan to the hardware store so I opened the garage door got in the sedan,turned the key and all I heard was silence,the battery was so deader than a door nail, it didn't even click.

I'm thinking my old beater was jealous.:D

I hooked up the battery charger and drove the daily to the hardware store and picked up the boss lady for lunch,I got back home a couple of hours late and the charger showed the battery fully charged.

I turned the switch and the car fired right up the only problem was I heard a slight rattle and after I listen for a while I diagnosed the noise as a bad water pump so last I replaced it and changed the short rubber fuel line,BTW,It ain't clear red plastic hose. :D

Today the sedan fired up first turn of the switch and with today's temperature hovering around 75 degrees I opened the garage door and pulled the car out fully intending to drive the car around the block so I didn't close the overhead garage door.

I ended up driving the car to town and stopped by the parts house to return the water pump core and returned to the house to see my neighbors damn cat sitting on top of the Ranch Wagon,I am not a cat person and realize I left that cat a open invitation,my bad but I am extremely happy the old beater is purring like a old tom cat. :) HRP

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Now you know what they say, "Big cats are dangerous - but a little pussy never hurt anyone. "

3. They can scratch paint besides there is more than one way to skin a cat.:D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    3W JOHN likes this.
  4. Glad ya got some road time. Damn cats..

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. It could have been worse!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I like kitty cats, my cars are drivers, doesn't bother me

7. Good thing no thieves lurking around.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cat was on top of the car making sure no mice or rats got near it. You should thank the cat. ;)

302GMC, HOTRODPRIMER and Hnstray like this.
  9. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best cat commercial of all time!

10. Dang! Where's the disclaimer????

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Just be glad your neighbor doesn't have goats!
    Worked with a young guy years ago that had a small farm with some goats, he told us the story of when his father in law who was a renowned local Porsche race engine builder brought his new 911 over to show off, apparently one goat was pretty impressed as he jumped on the hood then the roof before the guy could even get out of the Porsche.

12. But the sedan is running like a top! HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  13. I built the sedan long before I joined the hamb and the rear has coilover shocks that are wore out,today I picked up a brand new set of QA-1 coilover shocks that are equipped with a multiple adjustable valve for setting the ride,ether firm or soft.

I got lucky with the shocks when the owner changed directions with his project,so the old beater is gonna ride better in the near future. HRP

3W JOHN and ct1932ford like this.
  14. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I have them on my car.

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Maybe but have you checked out Bird versus Car or German Speed Bump? Very good....

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I have 3 cats,but never have a prob with them getting on my hotrod as I have red gas line an it scares them away,like the rest of you wusssy. LOL Just picken on ya !

mountainman2 and 302GMC like this.
  17. Dana,you ain't right! :D HRP

upload_2018-2-19_10-13-57.jpeg

dana barlow likes this.
  18. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-2-19_11-14-14.png
    Hello,
    Or...you can spend a few minutes painting flames on a cat, just for fun. My granddaughter thought this one was the "CAT'S MEOW." It might even go on a small model car that is in the works.

Jnaki

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  19. Danny, Here's a cat { STORY} for ya. Years ago, When I was only a teenager. We came out of our church. It was in the winter, and very cold out. When one of the church ladies started her car. She and everyone around her, heard this crazy noise. She had turned her car off as soon as she heard it. One of the men opened the car hood. This dumb cat had crawled up on the motor to get warm. When she turned off the engine. The cats tail had got caught between the fan pulley and fan belt! So they had her to just bump the starter, to set him free. I've never seen a cat run so FAST! It's a good thing that they have 9 lives.;) I'll bet that crazy cat is still running. :rolleyes:Ron...

Clay Belt, HOTRODPRIMER and jnaki like this.
  20. "I like cats, too...but I can't eat a whole one in one sitting!" -Confucious

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. They don't always get off that lucky,my mom cranked her car and the mechanical fan shredded a cat,that was a mess! o_O HRP

Clay Belt and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  22. mountainman2

mountainman2

Me too, especially marinated in Worcestershire Sauce. :eek:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Gman0046

Gman0046

Read an account of someone who inadvertently closed up his garage with his neighbors cat inside for a couple of days. He had lots of cat scratches in the paint a result.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. Deuces

Deuces

Aman to that!!!!!:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Getting back on track,I drove the sedan to work today and it sure feels good to have it up and running again. HRP

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  26. Drove the sedan up to my pal Dave's to work on the coupe this morning and after we got it running we installed the new springs on the rear of my sedan,man the car hasn't rode this good in a long time,I feel like I made a lot of progress today.

With the temperatures getting close to 80 today it made it enjoyable to work with the garage doors open. HRP

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    DeLuxe 32 likes this.