Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This place :cool::cool::cool: is a definite stopover on your way to Mount Rushmore. Thanks Keef59. Actually you can,t miss it. Every old fire engine ( and there are lots of them )along the freeway from Wisconsin to South Dakota has a "Visit WallDrug " billboard on it,s watertank.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. [​IMG]

I had a gearshift knob that looked like the "Voodoo Head" on the front of the building above the Exide.

3. noboD

noboD

34gaz, my wife talked me into stopping at Wall Drug. What a waste of time. Only thing she bought was some hard candy. When we got out in the car I turned the bag over and showed her it was made 20 miles from our house in PA. She still gets mad when I bring it up.

RMR&C, 34 GAZ, Bowtie Coupe and 2 others like this.
  4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OBOY!!!-----One in the background is nice too!!!!!

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!!-----If I had that during WWII, I'd be the king on the block!!!!!!!!

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary----------You just can't beat those old Kodachrome pix!!!!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HEY!!----Got any of the purple oil?????????

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO Peeing here!!!!!!!!!!

Hamtown Al, chryco and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

10. Look at this. Almost everything shown here is long gone.I liked it better back then!
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55, waldo53, Xman and 8 others like this.
  11. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

12. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

13. Mike

Mike

That photo was taken by Andy Southard. It is published in one of his books. The caption in the book for the photo may have some info about the location.

14. Ft.ValloniaStreaker

Ft.ValloniaStreaker

I can ....just like my buddy putting snow tires on his Corvette. I have 6 cars and not a one of them live under roof. I'm not exactly poor...nor am I well off enough to house them all either. They will survive some of them already have 50 + years.....

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  15. The Surfers???
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  16. loudbang

loudbang

The World’s First And Second T Buckets Met Only This One Time, At Santa Ana In March. We Thought We’d Seen Every Photo Of The Grudge Match Until This Wally Parks Negative Surfaced In The PPC Archive. C.J. “Pappy” Hart Flagged Off A Battle Won By Ivo (right), Though Grabowski Arguably Won The War When A Life Magazine Team Followed Him—not TV Tommy—to Bob’s Big Boy Drive In To Shoot The Famous Full Page Photo Of Norm Chewing On Grilled Cheese.

2a tv tommy email.JPG
    Duffy Livingstone’s Eliminator Lived Up To Its Name In This Road Race At Paramount Ranch (now Part Of The Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area). After Outrunning The Other “specials” In The Wild Formula Libre Class, Duffy’s Crude T Came Back To Challenge The Thoroughbred Sports Cars In The Main Event And Actually Threatened For The Lead Before Bowing Out With Breakage.

1a email.JPG

1b email.JPG

Digital Enlargement Of A Photo We’d Never Seen In Print Revealed The String Of Broken Parts Flying In Formation Behind Glen Loyd. Asked To Surmise The Source Of The Shrapnel, Bill Hancock, Chrysler’s Former NASCAR Liaison, And Kirk McCauley, Retired Oval Track Racer, Each Suspected A Clutch Explosion. Final Pikes Peak Results Showing Loyd In Seventh Place, Still Running, Suggest That The Damage Occurred During Qualifying And Was Repaired In Time For USAC’s Annual Stock Car Show.

3a email.JPG

HRM’s Bonneville Coverage (Nov. ’57) Noted A New Trend In Belly Tank Aerodynamics: Fully Enclosing A Driver Within The Tiny Nose Section. It Worked For The Brissette Brothers & Eichenhofer E Lakester, The Fastest Open Wheeled Entry Of The Meet With A 229.55 Mph Average That Also Destroyed The Class Record (183).

4 email.JPG

56 ford HRM’s Ray Brock Proclaimed Karol Miller’s 302ci (overbored 292), Dual Quad, Unstreamlined Victoria To Be “the Sensation Of The Meet.” Driving It All The Way From Houston, Karol Topped 153 Mph Enroute To A C Gas Coupe/Sedan Record Of 150.097 And The Title Of “fastest Gas Sedan Running Less Than Stock [312ci] Displacement.

5 email 1.JPG

5b pipes.JPG

17. loudbang

loudbang

18. loudbang

loudbang

A taste of lime

a taste of lime.JPG

P-F Flyer

p f  flyer 1.JPG

p f  flyer.JPG

Possum Chaser