Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs NEED SOME HELP - SENT MONEY - NO ITEM SENT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6cylindersovertexas, Feb 17, 2018.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

Possible.

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Exactly. I’m thinking that you must be referring to yourself and the mouse in your pocket when you say “we”.

We are not easy targets.

Chappy444 and da34guy like this.
  3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Western Union, Trans Union, Walmart, Kmart, any wire transfer should be suspect. A rip off thread is good to let others know about it but, COME ON! In this day and age almost anyone should know a rip off when they see one.

HONEY!? Where is my emotional support bunny? I need a chocolate chip tookie...

tfeverfred likes this.
  4. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

wheres these cookies at, your sharing, right? (too much popcorn here most days)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    56premiere and Flathead Dave like this.
  5. ems customer service

ems customer service

they caught the nigerian prince, he was a good ole boy from Louisiana

upspirate likes this.
  6. autoworx1

autoworx1
    from kansas

Hey Larry, fellow midwestern'r. You could have said Buttcrack, Mo......

lonejacklarry likes this.
  7. 6cylindersovertexas

6cylindersovertexas

Have not talked to Seller. One phone number doesn't ring, the other will not answer. Money sent first of last week. Nothing stated by Seller except he had parts. This was Seller's first post. Item was a set of 51 Plymouth Wagon rear bumper guards.

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I hate this for you. Like i posted in another thread.I base it on how many post a person on here has before i buy. Hover over the sellers name.On the left there . < it will tell you how many post they have.Folks on here don't play, if a seller on here is a bad seller ,you and god and the world will know about it.Wish you luck.

9. Have you contacted Ryan about this? I have had nothing but good deals here and do not want it to end because of these dirt bags. The Classifieds section could easily be locked permanently.

10. chris' 38

chris' 38

Money talks, but all mine ever says is goodbye.

Budget36 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Luke Bryans newest "Most People Are Good" is a nice thought and probably correct but even if it is that means that possibly 49% are not so good. With that in mind if it sounds too good or seems too easy it probably isn't. Learning the hard way is unpleasant at best but generally leaves the best impression. The last ten years I have learned that many of the folks I thought were good people are not at all. What does that say about those you don't know? Learn from this one and move on a wiser person for it.

clem likes this.
  12. ......................BIG red flag right there.

Andy likes this.
  13. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Had to chuckle at this, as years ago in my neck of the woods there was a fellow now deceased from old age, who made pretty good side money "collecting" debts owed for a cut.
    He was actually a pretty nice guy......but was he ever big, intimidating and scary looking.

Andy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. 6cylindersovertexas

6cylindersovertexas

15. 6cylindersovertexas

6cylindersovertexas

Anyone on here live near Charleston, MO 63834? If it was closer, I'd head that way and get my revenge IN PERSON!

WTF really likes this.
  16. trucker1

trucker1

Seen it here before, seller has all the '32 parts you need, dirt cheap just send Western Union payment to the brand new member advertising them. Didn't fool me though. I did miss my 1.5 mill winnings the other day cause I wouldn't give address and info to the Nigerian sounding guy on the phone the other day. I have the worst luck sometimes.

lothiandon1940 and WTF really like this.
  17. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What makes you think that you have his real name and address? You sent money to a John Doe and it can be picked up at any Walmart--ANY Walmart! The best you might do is go through Walmart and see where the money was picked up. I'd bet it was a lot of miles from Charleston, MO

lurker mick likes this.
  18. 0nedon

0nedon

2" drop axle.I learned to look closer when it says shipping included or free shipping, now don't blast me guys a lot are lagit. I now look at what else they are selling, all new? What I did was typed his ad in almost word for word in Ebay search and guess what 1/2 doz. of his items the same, price just jacked up and they all had free shipping. He takes your money and then drop ships to you, I called the vender and he told me they had complaints on him but couldn't return it because I WASN'T the orig. buyer! This fella claimed to be getting close to 80, some are just crooks forever. Good luck all and be careful.

19. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Walmart is probably your only chance for help. They must check ID and possibly have video as well as the location where the money was picked up..

21. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

SCAM SCAM KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE Screenshot_20180219-114257.png

22. XXL__

XXL__

Beyond the common sense part-- are they new here? Do they also post in discussion threads (ie, they are participating in the community)? And so on...

On every member's profile is a trading stats tab. Check it. Lots of members aren't aware of it, and haven't used it... so if you've done business with someone here, trade feedback posts on each other's Trading Profile. That way future buyers and sellers have more info on their prospective partner.

To get there, click on a person's username. Then select View Trading Profile. You'll see mine is currently 41, with 48 transactions... that's because the other 7 are repeat trading partners... you get +1 for the first transaction, but not for subsequent. This still gives you great info... that people are repeat buyers or sellers.

2018-02-19 17.29.52.png

2018-02-19 17.29.31.png

All publicly accessible info.

hotrodharry2 and upspirate like this.
  23. Gman0046

Gman0046

Can't believe this ripoff continues to happen.

24. squirrel

squirrel

I can. People are gullible.

WiredSpider and XXL__ like this.
  25. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Don Gibbs the name by chance?

26. 6cylindersovertexas

6cylindersovertexas

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts. Just wish there was a way NAIL these type of people! (Not really people.)

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Western Union and Wal mart is for sending money to people you know.

Texas57 and Irish Mike like this.
  28. upspirate

upspirate

Thanks for sharing this, I've sold 2 items to HAMBsters and had good results.I was leery at first, but HRP gave me some good tips and the trades/sells went off well. I'll have to look this up and give good "feedback" on these folks.

XXL__ likes this.
  29. 1 post....... Walmart to Walmart...............

Oh boy.

30. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

As the quote goes “good judgement is gained from experience, experience is gained from bad judgement!” Author unknown. Sorry for your experience this time. Hope your not so trusting next time. Just mho. How do I get off this soapbox?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.