Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Car stuff to see in L.A.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by judgeyoung, Feb 13, 2018.

1. toml24

toml24

Autobooks-Aerobooks in Burbank is excellent!! I recommend visiting them 100%

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I hope you were treated with nothing but love and respect on your trip man. Don't forget if someone gives you the finger it's just how we wave.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. judgeyoung

judgeyoung

Everything on the trip has been fantastic. Every car person I've met in SoCal has been friendly and helpful. I hit the "donuts and Derelicts" meet at 5 AM this morning at Huntington and introduced myself to the first guy I saw, Gene Barbee standing beside his beautiful 32. A legend himself (200 MPH club), he walked me through the meet introducing me to every cool car guy I have ever heard of! The cars were amazing, The personalities even more so! Bruce Meyers even cruised in in his 32! More fantastic flatties then I could imagine. History history history! Like one guy said... I shall return!

LBCD, toml24, jnaki and 1 other person like this.
  4. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Sorry but I do not agree with this. Years ago when Autobooks was at the old location it was a great place to visit and spend time. They had a midget racer on display in the store and tons of books and magazines. Last year when I stopped in before the LA Roadster Show was the first time at the “new”location, (and the last) I spent 20minutes there and that was a stretch. I was totally disappointed, the guy who was working had all he could do to say hello and the selection of books was no where near what it was at the old location. Maybe if I had not seen the old store the new store would have impressed me.
    If you are near Duarte, stop at the Justice Bros. Museum, it is free and definitely worth a visit.

5. toml24

toml24

Get up early AGAIN. There is a scheduled rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB Wednesday morning February 21st at 6:17AM. This has been postponed twice already. The view in the West should be spectacular with clear skies.