Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cripes; not another 32 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DDDenny, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Any new pictures or progress, DDD?

2. wicarnut

wicarnut

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Thanks guys.
    One year update, just recently had a 3-4 cervical vertabrae fusion so still a dead duck.
    Kinda hoping that I'll be feeling like doing some physical stuff in about six months.
    I'll also be getting my first SS check, may have some spare $$$ finally to play with.
    Here is the last thing I accomplished on the roadster. I built this roll-over setup for finishing the bottom side.

20160315_095823.jpg 20160315_100342.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Stogy likes this.
  4. gas & guns

gas & guns

Damn, can't believe I missed this. She looks like shell be a handful.
    Definitely part of the "Were not f--king around race club."

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yep
    Kind of a basic, no frills deal, no heat, no air, no whining!

Stogy likes this.
  6. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Does not have enough stager or offset for Opperman. My all time favorite dirt track racer.when he showed up everyone else was racing for second place. Loved to watch him race with Wolfgang, Sammy, Kinser. They always put on a good show, original members of the World Of Outlaws.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sadly, I never got to see Jan race.
    I bought those rear tires from the last of the old inventory of Weisel Firestone in Penn. many years ago. He asked me what I planned to do with them, and I told him that they would be for a street roadster I was putting together, he replied ; I didn't hear you say that, then shipped them, I didn't really know what would show up, but I was smiling when I unfolded them, yes, they are 2 ply, not the DOT 4 ply repro's that Coker sells.

8. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

image.jpeg These with a FAST Computer work good. I have a set on my 410 in my 29. Love them.

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Did you look close at the block?

10. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

image.jpeg French Grimes started Race Saver to keep racing more affordable. The class runs 305 , takes a spec. Brodix Head no porting or polishing. Limited valve spring pressure and a spec weight on the crank Max 317 in. They have to be inspected and sealed, They are now part of ASCS. The idea is to keep the cost down. The 360 and 410 were pricing people out of racing. The top 3 cars must meet min. weight. We won one night and were 1 lb. light and got disqualified, burned too much fuel off on yellows. Smiley was the Firestone dealer in Dallas we went to high school together and still good friends.He sold Smileys Racing to Tom but works for him, they are the dealer for Hoosier. Smiley now owners the World Of Outlaw Driving School where they teach you how to drive 410 World of Outlaw cars. There is no electronics on these, no remote kill either. And their fast. That's a race saver and it belongs to Jerry a good friend of mine. Frank

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Only been to one WOO race, many years ago at Cottage Grove.
    Drove two hours to get there and just a short time into it the power went out, pitch black.
    Sat there for 45 minutes, said screw this, drove home, damn that was cool.......kinda!

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Just a shot that @Stogy did for me, I didn't even ask, he p/shopped the front of my shop with the Firestone signs and put a 1932 Oregon plate on my roadster also. Too cool.
    Anybody got any old Firestone signs for sale?
    Want one of the large ones that run horizontally.
    Thanks again stogy.

Denny\'s-garage_grey3.jpg

Stogy and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Douglas, I approve of where this is going. Get your rain soaked ass back together then do the same to that car! Hope to see you and the roadster at some local events next summer.

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You know Billy, I only take that kinda talk from a fellow PNW'nr;)
    The poor thing is still in a million pieces, only thing that has changed is there's more dust on everything.
    Maybe I need to have a Makers 46 assembly party, nah, that would never work.

15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your logic is flawed young Skywalker.

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

We need to talk!

17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if we have enough time left to have much of a conversation, I mean it took you a year and a half to respond to that last comment. :rolleyes:

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sorry about that Bubba!
    What form of compensation do you require.

19. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Damn shame youre so far away. Been a long time since I've been in a marathon to wrap up a build.

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I ain't go'n anywhere!
    Gotta help carry the FG flame (so to speak).

Bandit Billy likes this.
  21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not sure this will get to you as old as the post is, but I had a Wescott Deuce roadster in '80. It was almost as heavy as a steel body and was certainly a top quality piece. I lost interest in rodding and sold everything I had that same year. In '09, I revived my love for all rides old and called Wescott. I ended up buying a Brookville because it was only $600 higher than the Wescott. I'm still not "traditional" in the eyes of many HAMBers and I really don't give a shit what people think. I wasn't going to waste another 10 grand just to have a Henry body. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. I enjoy your participation on this here HAMB along with rodders who consider themselves traditional. We all are striving for a dependable, fun time with our rides whatever it may be. Again, keep up your stuff and I'll be watching for a post. P.S. I have similar rear tires on my roadster, Hoosier 31x12.50x15 on 10" steelies, and get the same reaction from lots of people about their being too wide and don't look good. Again, just don't worry about opinions other than my own. Love the look.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Bandit Billy likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Thanks for stopping in Gary, I'm here every day, not so sure that's a good thing though.
    This whole thing came to an abrupt halt when my work/monetary situation changed in 2005, as a matter of fact I've got three major long term projects that have "stalled".
    Decided it's time to get back on my roadster so this thread may see a little more activity.
    When it comes to criticising other peoples' opinions it would be kind of hypocritical on my part because as my mom would say "I say what I think and I'm thinking all the time".
    Me too!

Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  23. Your Garage/Shop is too neat!:rolleyes: Other than that it all looks good.:cool:

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Gary, I forgot I was going to respond previously that Wescott body #1 resided directly across the street from my high school pals mothers house in the 80's.
    Full fendered, small block Ford, chrome wire wheels, etc. most that saw the car thought it was an original Ford body, they are that accurate.
    Dee Wescotts contributions to the hot rod world are as instrumental as any of our revered pioneers.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Bud Crane and HemiDeuce like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

It's still growing dust!:mad:

Just Gary likes this.