Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical SLOT MAG Guys..I need your help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StayGold54, Feb 16, 2018.

1. StayGold54

StayGold54

Hey Fellas,
    I have a spare set of slot kidney bean mags, and I'm trying to find out who made them.
    After cleaning the backside, all I see stamped is the size 15x7, and the words "Wheel Dist. Ontario, Calif."
    They are 6-lug 6x5.5 bolt pattern.
    Any ideas who the manufacturer was or who made these?? I've looked all over online and have had no luck.
    Any help would be very much appreciated!!

-George

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here you go, you can borrow mine.:)

aaa.JPG

3. StayGold54

StayGold54

haha!! I realized it would of been helpful to post a pic. Here are some pics of the mags. I don't have a back side of the wheel handy, but I can get one..

Attached Files:

4. I dunno the answer to your query but that truck with those wheels/tires is bitchin'.

5. StayGold54

StayGold54

Thank you sir, it's my '65 c-10. I appreciate it!

cactus1 likes this.
  6. brad2v

brad2v

I'm a a slot mag guy for sure, an expert however, I ain't. I suspect it's a department store wheel, likely made for Penny's/Sears/Monkey Wards by one of the ET/Ansen/American Racing big dogs. But I could be entirely all wet. This guy might know http://www.akhwheels.com/ I'm not affiliated, so I don't know for sure, but I have dealt with him in the past, and he knows his stuff.

low budget likes this.
  7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

A good lookin 6 lug wheel but I dont think anyone makes slots anymore in 6 lug, I think they would still look good on later model stuff too, maybe even in bigger sizes and/or polished etc. but no producers that Im aware of.
    I looked into trying to get a set of the newer ones with the ridges around the slots for a later model chevy 4x4 a while back with no luck,
    (I suppose a set could be special ordered maybe, if one really got serious and wanted to pay???)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  8. southcross2631

southcross2631

I am looking for some slot mags . Either 4 or 5 inch wide 15's for the front of my gasser. 5 on 4 3/4 . Tried some 14's , but wouldn't clear the calipers. PM me if you have some or know where I can get them without buying the new ones that don't look right. 20180209_204911.jpg

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

nice wheels and cool truck. I figure if they were name brand they would have the name on them. if you have 4 the same call then whatever you want. they have a US Mag look to them in my eyes

10. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Maybe Fenton Gyros. At least they look like them.

11. Found this from 1977:

"KEYSTONE PRODUCTS, INC. Ontario a wholly-owned Intermark subsidiary announces the acquisition of WHEEL DISTRIBUTORS, INC. Ontario "

wvenfield and brad2v like this.
  12. Also found this:
    blue line racing.jpg "
    Fri., May 2 1,1976 URAL ADVERTISEMENT.

FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NME STATEMENT FILE NO. FBN IS the following person are dom9 business OS: ,,, Blue Line Racing Wheels. 1650 South Bon View, Ontario. Cai'torn.a 9I72J Wheel Distributor, Inc . Cantorn.a, 1650 South Bon View, O'aro Ca'i'orn.a l T?2. This business is conoue'ed bv: A Coroora'ion Corooration Name: Wheel Distributors. Inc "

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  13. Lots of wheels were cast in Ontario. This is just a guess but there may have been a foundry there that was a job shop.

Just checked my Ansens to be sure they are out of Gardenia, Ca. Ansen was pretty proud of their stuff so if they were Ansens they would say it they also stamped a serial number on the older stuff.

I have some western auto/US wheel wheels in the basement I can check later, I know they were in Socal but I don't remember where. Normally they say Western Auto or US wheel on them though.