Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My first irresistible "Field Find"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchctybob, Dec 26, 2017.

1. I knew someone would lol

loudbang likes this.
  2. rudestude

rudestude

Just saw this on the list....not alot there but what is there would help you out ad says floor boards are solid that alone would be worth the $400 asking price...it's located in Washington state.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Wow! That's a hell of a deal at $400.oo. I was just looking at the new Rockers on Dennis Carpenter's sight part #8A-7010128-PR They look amazing and are like O.E. not just the outer face piece. $239.95 for the pair. Makes this parts car to good to pass up.
    The Wizzard

4. rudestude

rudestude

The ad been up for 28 days so far and still no sale ......it's in Port Angeles WA.....it says no paperwork but for parts who cares....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

biggeorge, Pist-n-Broke and loudbang like this.
  5. bchctybob

bchctybob

A buddy of mine sent me a link to that ad, Boy could I use bits off of that one! I wish it was closer. Now if some NW area HAMBER is coming down for the GNRS and wants to bring it down to central Ca for me I could certainly cover the fuel bill and dinner......
    So far it looks like I'll spend $1000-1200 on patch/replacement panels depending on whether I build my own floor or not, so harvesting old panels from that car does have a point of diminishing returns.
    Okndnx; The 264-322 Buick V8s have a different bellhousing bolt pattern than the later 364-401, other than that they are still classic Nailhead technology (or lack thereof).
    P-N-B; When I get a chance I will pull the front sheet metal and set the 425/TH400 that I have into the Victchero for a fitcheck. The 425/TH400 are going into my '33 pu. I got the 401/B&M Hydro in the same package deal. I'll let you know the outcome.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  6. flatford39

flatford39

That is an unbelievable deal anywhere in the USA. It's a ragtop for Christsakes!!!! If I wasn't in Chicago I would get it. Wonder why Chris hasn't pounced on it.

loudbang likes this.
  7. I talked to the seller of the 50 Vert in Wa. direct myself earlier today. The car sold to someone in Canada and he just had not taken down the add. That's a shame, it was a screaming deal for ya.
    The Wizzard

warbird1 and loudbang like this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yeah, lots of good stuff there. Oh well, the Turlock swap is coming up at the end of the month.....

loudbang likes this.
  9. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Turlock....hope it isn't raining....its just around the corner. Bob...do you have a space inside? I'll stop by and say hi...

loudbang likes this.
  10. bchctybob

bchctybob

BP; nope, just wandering around spendin' money I don't have on stuff I don't need, ha, ha, ha...
    The rain doesn't stop very many from attending, I've been there when the mud was a foot deep in some places.

biggeorge and loudbang like this.
  11. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Bob....youre right about that...ive been to many swap meets in the rain...and Turlock is the only one that seems unaffected in turnout. It's my favorite swap of the year.

loudbang likes this.
  12. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Found on another site. 26805206_2021330914817672_1774369997180832119_n.jpg

chryslerfan55, slv63, brad2v and 4 others like this.
  13. bchctybob

bchctybob

Looks like a real UTE. I dig the camper shell too.

loudbang likes this.
  14. 56cadillackid

56cadillackid
    from new york

I found this photo on Instagram and it reminded me of this thread [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. manyolcars

manyolcars

Us old people know how badly column shifts suck. Mine often hangs up in first while trying to shift into second

loudbang likes this.
  16. manyolcars

manyolcars

Thats not Victoria side trim,its Crestliner

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  17. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have 2 of the 3 pieces of glass for the Victoria backlight

18. bchctybob

bchctybob

I've driven plenty o miles with three on the tree and they require a rhythm and patience for sure. I sold my '55 Ford Ranch wagon (292, 3 spd w/OD) to a young guy a few years back and he paid, got the papers and climbed behind the wheel. Only then did he realize he had no idea how to drive a column shift! We drove around the neighborhood until he seemed to get the hang of it then he headed home. He called and said he was stuck with the car a few blocks away. He got impatient and got it stuck in between two gears. I showed him how to reach down to the steering box and get it back into neutral. No more calls but the next time I saw the car it had a SBF and an automatic. Candyass....
    No progress to report on the VictChero at this point, had the flu and have been trying to push my '33 pu project up to a good stopping point. Shop space is limited right now.

Peanut 1959 and loudbang like this.
  19. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

Then fix it. Its probably just some ware in the linkages than can be repaired.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dick Stevens likes this.
  20. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

Dumn kid. Doesn't know how to drive so he down grades the engine and gearbox instead of learning.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Cosmo49, chryslerfan55 and Clay Belt like this.
  21. bchctybob

bchctybob

They're out there............

loudbang likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The guy obviously had never heard of a Hurst Syncro-Loc shifter, at a minimum that would be the quickest and least expensive route to take.
    I knew to do that at 15 years old with my 61 Impala. The next two 3/tree cars got Muncies and Hurst Comp. Plus shifters.
    And I was told I'd never learn anything if I always had my nose in a Hot Rod magazine.

chryslerfan55, bowie and bchctybob like this.
  23. bchctybob

bchctybob

Wow, was that offered here in the good ole US of A or was that Australia only? That was a sharp looking pickup. Although the rear fender treatment breaks up the slab sides, I think I'd like 'em better without those add-ons.

24. Australia only as far as I know.

25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

The brochure says Australia and New Zealand

26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I don't recall seeing this here, it just showed up on the vintage shots thread.

[​IMG]

27. scotts52

scotts52

^^^What did they do to that poor Merc in the background?^^^

kidcampbell71 and bchctybob like this.
  28. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

I believe the new front bumper is two '55 Buick bottom halves sandwiched together and filled with bullets/teeth.

29. Like it it still has good bones