Register now to get rid of these ads!

History US Mule #1

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mule Roadster, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Mule Roadster

Mule Roadster

Great stuff guys! Life's short. Live and learn go together.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  2. Mule Roadster

Mule Roadster

here she is more than 50 years later IMG_0593.JPG

Attached Files:

The37Kid, loudbang and harpo1313 like this.
  3. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Car is beautiful but those flames are not right for it in my opinion for what it is worth.

lurker mick likes this.
  4. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

was that the us mule that ran at Sanford, ME. in the 50's ? ... think the guy was from NY.
    cool cars / square rollbars.

loudbang likes this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, He was proud of it too. ;) Bob

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  6. Mule Roadster

Mule Roadster

I agree that different paint could better reflect the cars look and history. That "real flame" was done as a demonstration for painting real flames in 1995 at a NY vocational school by the owner who purchased the car from Don Noyes over 40 years ago.

I'm about to paint the car black and replicate the cowl race history as seen in the A dragster pics. I want the same look seen in the trophy picture. Agree?

Also thinking that I need to add the fender that you see in the trophy pic. I Can't tell what they may be from. Anyone agree or think they know the fenders that may have been used by Don in the pic?

7. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

What a sweet car! with it's history you should return it to it's original look... (that being said I don't think the guy did a bad job on the flames) You can see it was considerably lower back then... so it would also be a good time to axe that coil spring set up too:rolleyes:

8. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

I've forwarded this thread to Eric Noyes, Don's son. Maybe he can add something. I have not talked to Eric since I retired 12 years ago, but at that time Don was still living, in Florida, I think.

loudbang likes this.
  9. 392

Killer ride and the name fits. Nothing like a hemi.

loudbang likes this.
  10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Buddy Blane Akerly is still driving his '32 5w, broke 100mph with a flattie on gas at Sanford in '57...
    spanked the Nomad's Arden powered push truck... and spanked me 3 times at Winterport.
    go Blane go !

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  11. Mule Roadster

Mule Roadster

The "US Mule" is a jewel from the day and an honor to own. Not many real deals still around. This car tells the story of when boys built cars to race no matter where or how. This car hill climbs and ice races with an ardon conversation atop a flat head V8. The flat head is swapped out for the 1st generation super charged 392 Hemi. Don Noyes 32 roadster sets records and becomes a national A dragster champion racing from California to Upstate NY hanging with the likes of Big Daddy and Shirley. What a special car in a special time in car history. I hope Don's son has time to reach out to me with more history about his dad's first A dragster. Thanks Buffum.

loudbang likes this.
  12. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

make some "NOYES" !

loudbang likes this.
  13. Mule Roadster

Mule Roadster

Wish I was allowed to post a short video burst of the Noyes!!!! Good One!!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  14. Man what a neat car!

loudbang likes this.
  15. Cliff Quinn

Cliff Quinn

I know this thread is old but I remember
    Don doing laps at intermission at Pine Bowl speedway in Snyders Lake NY & I believe the 32 had a 4 banger engine at that, I was a kid at the time.

rod1 and The37Kid like this.