Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All these families, people from an instant in the long ago past. Probably Easter long ago, taken by a mother or father of their beloved children. Are the children even still here? Who were they?
    This is the age when I was little, I remember it in pieces.It's long,long gone.
    [​IMG]

2. indyrjc

indyrjc
    from Indiana

Great photos, Rootie!!!

The first attached photo looks to be a qualifying line at IMS from 1955. In those days you lined up, sometimes the night before, to hold your place in the qualifying line. And this might be early in the day on the first day of Time Trials as there are no drivers in sight, just cars. This was the year that the drivers all decided to wait until Sunday to qualify because of high winds except they forgot to tell Jerry Hoyt and his mechanic Howard Moore who were stuck in the garage working on their car. They rolled out just before the track closed and made their run which put them on the pole. The #10 car in this photo was driven by Tony Bettenhausen and his car had been left in the pits so he also made a run but wasn't fast enough to beat out Hoyt.

The second photo looks like it might be Jerry Richert at Tampa. Is that right, Rootie?

The third photo shows Dave MacDonald with co-driver Bob Holbert and Carroll Shelby. They won the GT class at Sebring in this Daytona Coupe.

The fourth photo shows Sam Hanks making a pit stop in the 1955 500 Mile Race. His #8 roadster also shows up in the first photo with Sam nowhere to be seen.

3. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

You're right, that's Richert at Tampa in Wagner's "fat" car 1966.

Speedwrench and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HEY!!!----Never stand in the tall grass!!!!!!

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great '32 pix Gary!!---When starting to build my '32, in 1962, I'm positive that it had some dry lakes history,----The back rear panel had holes for a pair of '39 tailights around 4 holes for license plate, their were roll bar mounts welded to the frame, front dash gutted out, floor pan cut away, both front tires were the motor cycle type rounded tread, drivers side had 2 holes for radio antenna, air vent in top cowl all leaded in, both door handles leaded in, etc.

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

Hugging her cause she found a place that sells beer. :D

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. swi66

swi66

8. I wouldn't drive my 64 off the pavement, let alone use it as a 4x4. Give him a large B for balls.
    It's a 63, or I would have asked if he needed big block power for that.
    Bob

9. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Put this in the "sitting and rotting" thread :D

10. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Brought back after the war?

Chrisbcritter and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

Left behind by POW's ????

Chrisbcritter and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Gary Reynolds just posted this photo. Obviously all wrecks but what is the car with the high top, rounded of radiator grille and long pointed headlights. Looks to be a racy style. all wrecks.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.