Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. oldolds

oldolds

2. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.
  3. hoop

hoop

Tires and wheels look great!

4. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Makin burn out noises yet?

5. Those look great

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bet you are happier than a punk in boys town now. :D

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All 10 inches....lol
    Resized_20180214_161515.jpeg

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Resized_20180214_132641.jpeg

So I finally get the stupid pin drive system in my hands and figure out exactly how it works. Not that I lost any sleep over it but never having seen a knock off before I wondered exactly how it was all going to work. So for any one else out there that might be wondering, the pins (like in my hand) screw onto the lugs fastening the adapter plate solid to the mount surface of the rotor. The pins tick up and go into the pin holes on the back side of the wheels to hold them in place and then the spinner or knock off tightens the wheel down etc.

The cool thing (which I was wondering about) is by simply removing the pins, I can pop a regular wheel right on the old fashion way. So my plan is to snag a another pair of slicks and mount them on a black steel wheel (as I comped photos of early on) for a different look from time to time etc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I made myself a few center cap decals today. This is the best one of the bunch. Because of the art and fake light reflection, it almost looks like it bulges out a bit. Not bad for a flat decal....lol

AC Center.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So does that stand for All Crazy?

12. loudbang

loudbang

DAM drooling all over my keyboard :rolleyes: Nice wheels and the other one too for steering it.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Even though it will only be in the mockup stage for some time there still should be a little swipe of light grease on the mating surfaces of the wheel and tri-nut.

Deuced Up! and saltflats like this.
  14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Yeah like steering it is going to come in play i'am thinking more like pointing this rocket. ;)

15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You asked...right? LOL

It all started back in 1901 when John Weller set up a small workshop in London to support his passion of building cars. Weller’s funding for the endeavor came from a wealthy businessman named John Portwine and by 1903, the first cars went from concept to reality. Back in those days, there were only two engine options for Weller’s unique car: a twin-cylinder 10 horsepower and a four-cylinder 20 horsepower configuration. They were first unveiled at the 1903 British Motor Show, where the most notable comment was "We foresee a brilliant future for the Weller 'Autocar' and it's talented designer."

1903-ac-auto-carrier-finney-isles-company-limited-auto-carrier-brisbane.jpg

In 1904, Weller’s business became Autocar & Accessories Limited, and began to produce of a small delivery vehicle called the Autocarrier. It had a 5.6hp air-cooled single-cylinder engine and was actually a tricycle by its design. The Autocarrier was a tremendous success and quickly found prominence in two London stores: Maple & Co. and Dickens & Jones. Goodyear Tires also had one for delivering new wheels and tires to wealthy car owners. Within a year, the Autocarrier was familiar on the streets of London and was considered a "must have" by any company that wanted to be portrayed as fashionable or cutting edge. In fact, one company had a fleet of more than 70 Autocarriers.

1908-ac-sociable-5-6-hp.jpg

In 1907, a passenger version of the Autocarrier was introduced named the Sociable. The August 1910’s edition of "Motor Cycling" also featured an Autocarrier that was adapted for military purposes and soon after the 25th London Cyclist Regiment was issued a fleet of Autocarriers with Maxim guns mounted on special bodywork and some were outfitted as ammunition transporters. The British Army chose the Autocarrier because of its reliability, performance, and maneuverability. Due to the increase of orders, Autocar & Accessories Limited moved to a larger shop in Thames Ditton during 1911, which was just outside of London. The Autocarrier’s simple, sturdy, and practical design supported production until 1915 and stayed in Thames Ditton where Weller designed the first production four-wheel car. By the start of the First World War, Autocarrier’s efforts were concentrated on the manufacturer of shells and fuses alongside the popular Autocarrier.

For the first time in 1915, the abbreviation AC was used, and in November of that year a new company was formed called Autocarriers Limited. The new company also acquired Autocar & Accessories keeping Weller and Portwine as directors. In 1918, full production of a two-seater, four cylinder AC car began and was sold for $1,020. These new ACs were immediately successful in competition, particularly in hill climbs and trials. THE REST IS HISTORY AS THEY SAY!

Taken from: https://www.accars.eu/ac-cars-history/ Pretty Interesting Read!!!!

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So, with the HAMB being offline today/tonight you should have time to get some serious fab work done and not so much parts fondling:eek:

Deuced Up!, Tickety Boo and enloe like this.
  17. That blue is close to some others.
    B5 blue with a bit more silver
    Mustang silver blue with a touch more blue
    Then there's Oldsmobile engine blue
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.png

image.png

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. squirrel

squirrel

I call it "looks pretty on the Internet" blue

:)

Deuced Up!, porkshop, enloe and 2 others like this.
  19. I'll bet 2 cases of that Olds engine blue would do that car. Think of the money you could save!

20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Ford introduced a color on the 2005 Mustang called Windveil Blue. Very close to those 60s colors, Brittany Blue, Viking Blue, etc.

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Since Randal started this I've been a little interested in the history of the Dragonsnakes.
    I was reading a Cobra blog and getting ready to paste a discussion about original Cobra paint jobs when the HAMB closed down, now I can't find the convo, think it was on ClubCobra, anyway guy was saying that just because you ordered it, that doesn't mean that's what you got.
    Something about Shelby employee/management relations at a given time reflected the accuracy of the paint code used, sometimes the paint code ended up being "bench mix".

Speaking of paint colors; apparently, for what ever reason; those Berry hardtops on a few Cobras were painted a different color than the body color. I personally like the look better than all one color and thought this car would really stand out more (like it needs to right) if the top got painted say......black.

chryslerfan55 and Deuced Up! like this.
  22. Harvest the cans and shoot it thru your favorite spray gun.

23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang and Gammz like this.
  24. oldolds

oldolds

At least the Windveil Blue you might be able to ride around town and see it on a car in real life. Seeing it on the car is always better than seeing in on a flat surface.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Have your favorite painter spray up some cards with different brands:rolleyes:
    The Cobra in 31vicks pic looks like it has a chrome silver base

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. Same but different.....
    blue.jpg

27. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Yup, and the shape/body lines of that mustang doesn't really show off the color. If you put that paint on the cobra it'll look even better in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. VonWegener

VonWegener

Cobras had two stock Ford colors. Viking Blue (light blue metallic) and Guardsmen Blue which is a darker blue.

29. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So just to close the color section here, I think I have it! As promised the guy from Hillbank/Superformance shot me an email with the paint code late yesterday. The paint manufacturer was Glasurit. I gave it to my local paint store and asked if he could get it or if the code would cross to a PPG etc. etc. He called me early this morning to say it crossed to PPG 12494 or FORD E-M30J1448 titled as 1962-1964 Viking Blue/Pacific Blue.

I swung by there this morning and looked at it in the bottom of a small mixing cup and I have to say from the bottom of the glass, I like it. Sample photos coming soon.

30. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Resized_20180216_0707222.jpeg
    The wiring harness arrived yesterday. This is the third American Autowire units I've installed. I really like them. They are about half the price of the same sized Painless units. And they are more complete than other generic harness in that they include headlight and dimmer switch and few other pieces you will see when we get around to wiring the Cobra.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018