Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg A couple more shots. Thanks for the likes.

2. Finished the Zil truck

[​IMG]

And SAM

[​IMG]

And a couple off topic things without wheels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. philo426

philo426

4. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

'40 Ford Gasser IMG_3230.JPG IMG_3231.JPG IMG_3232.JPG IMG_3196.JPG

Attached Files:

5. For HRP! What's it going to be?:p
    IMG_2063.JPG IMG_2067.JPG

6. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This is currently in progress, an AMT / Ertl '66 Wildcat:

IMG_1832.JPG IMG_1834.JPG

7. froghawk

froghawk

My custom '58 Ford now has color! Next will be masking for outlines and scallops ala Watson. The purple will get a tad darker and deeper once it's cleared.
    [​IMG]
    And the mild '59 Dodge is in primer and has fresh plating on the bumpers...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. gogofalcon

gogofalcon

9. philo426

philo426

Sublime AWB Falcon Ranchero with tall velocity stacks!Very cool!

10. rc57

rc57

Both look bad-ass, looking forward to your scallop job as all your custom paints are amazing.

I still have your step by step on the '58 Chevy-amazing every time I look through it!

rodncustomdreams and froghawk like this.
  11. froghawk

froghawk

Thanks, RC, much appreciated!

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Going through my parts and have enough to build another AMT 40 Ford coupe and sedan plus some extra parts,these will most likely be next winter projects since I will be heading out to the garage when it warms up a little more. 100_7913.JPG 100_7914.JPG

13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Finished my 40.

14. milo1303s

milo1303s

Another one started
    What I started with 0130180328.jpg
    After a dip in the purple pond and some careful measuring
    0206180209.jpg
    sum filler not bad for my first time full sized car section 0206180844a.jpg
    And where I'm at quick mock up
    0217180846.jpg
    0217180553.jpg Until next time have fun!!!

15. rudestude

rudestude

Wow Ed your little Happy Days Hot Rod turned out very cool ....you know when you posted yours from the start it got me thinking that I probably had enough parts in my inventory to replicate one of them, I was a fan of the truck myself back in the day, so as I posted earlier , I did dig up some parts and started piecing my own version together and the one major part that I was lacking was a correct frame, I had several but they were already going to other projects ,so I managed to build one using broken sections of about six different one's...helps to save everything sometimes...so anyways here is a sneak peek of what I have come up with so far......also a big thumbs up to the rest of you guys....good to see that everyone has been building and turning out some really cool stuff... Im just coming back on after being down for a couple weeks...the ole cancer got going in my only remaining kidney so doc's went in Monday and got rid of it ...down to 35 percent remaining...well enough on that ... I got hot rods and models of hot rods to get back to work on keep them coming guys this is my therapy on my down times....sorry for rambling but I just got to say one more thing....froghawk your builds are are so.... your precision and detail is so...... I think the best terms to describe your abilities in your work would best be looked up in some sort of Medical Psychic Book.....or something....your Psychomotor has to be turning some amazing RPM's.... OK I'm out here...Thanks Guys...
    Terry (aka) Rudestude[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg
    Terry, My prayers are with you. Thanks for the kind words, your truck is Lookin good ! I just started a 39 Chevy gasser, ( HIGH ROLLER)
    Ed.

17. rudestude

rudestude

Thanks Ed...the 39 is a good choice.. I started that one several years back was experimenting doing 60's style paint jobs wasn't happy with the results so it got put aside actually looked at it a while back and the paint job might work with todays interest in "Patina" war wounds and stuff....today I'm putting the finishing touches on the 1/32nd 32 Roadster turned slot car that I posted some time back..... I like your thoughts on your 39 if your going with the picture you got there..... Im watching.....oh ya doc called said all test results and scans come back looking good from Mondays surgery....it's a good day....Thanks again..
    Terry(aka) Rudestude[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. rudestude

rudestude

Here is the 39 coupe that I started years ago...it was the street rod version, didn't have much for race parts , so I wanted a 60's gasser and I was trying some 60's style paint job Ideas on it didn't care for the way it was turning out ...then I made it worse trying to fix it so back in the box it went....that was about 8 years ago well it's out for the the photo shoot and now it's going back into the box and I'm going to follow your 39 coupe gasser build Ed.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it !

rudestude likes this.
  20. rudestude

rudestude

Watch out Ed..you say stuff like that then I might start working on it ....and that would seem kind of odd following along building the same things you are ...hey I do like your build ideas and building style but people might start to talk...haha..but wait.. I guess that's what happen in the big car world...? I will just watch your build on this one.... I need to get caught up on some of my more recent ones before I start any more.....ya right.....Thanks Ed

edcodesign likes this.
  21. 20180206_223746.jpg
    20180206_223719.jpg
    20180210_161223.jpg
    20180218_210255.jpg

On the bench
    Lindberg Forty Ford Convertible
    1 / 32 scale
    Inspiration photo included
    Trunk popped
    Body sectioned
    Back seat made

That is all . . . carry on

22. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

23. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

A lot of very kool builds and works-in-progress this week. Rudestude, leave that '39 out of the box,
    you've got an unintended jump on the "Patina Craze" (which I'm not big on) and it seems to work.
    The other cars are fun to look at, also. As I've said before, it's interesting to see what you fellas are up to.

My '66 Wildcat (pictured above) took a nasty hit when I screwed up the paint job this past week.
    I had used Krylon paint because it was a shade of yellow I was looking for. The paint laid down
    nicely, then came the Krylon clear. Not knowing that the clear was lacquer I sprayed and my paint
    job immediately looked like a pair of alligator shoes. I called Krylon just to vent and while the
    customer service rep was hip to the problem and sympathetic she closed the conversation by
    saying "We just can't put all the information on the can". Uh, they could have put "lacquer" on
    the can. Back to the drawing board. Do you guys have a fave enamel clear? I don't use an airbrush.

rodncustomdreams and rudestude like this.
  24. philo426

philo426

Well I use Testors Wet Look Clear over acrylic paint and it worked well.It is lacquer,but the best way to avoid problems is to mist on the first coat.Let it dry for 30 min then apply a few light coats, No bad reaction and the results are good.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    rodncustomdreams and quick85 like this.
  25. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

26. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

27. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg 39 gasser progress. Ed.

29. 20180223_193638.jpg
    20180224_114127.jpg
    'Lil update on the Lindberg Forty Ford Convertible
    1 / 32 scale
    The two piece red rim/tire combo
    got sprayed with Dupli-Color black primer then brush painted with Polly Scale French Beige.
    Half moon and beauty rings with 1mm Molotow pen.
    Dupli-Color red oxide primer sprayed on the body.