Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1950 Plymouth Gravel Guards... great? or dead weight?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meezy, Feb 12, 2018.

1. meezy

meezy

Pretty sure I don't want any trim on my car... I want it to be a big black minimal tank when I'm done... but my body guy is trying to persuade me to keep the gravel guards and the bottom trim. How useful are they? How about guys without them? Has it really been so bad? You gettin a lot of chips where gravel guards should be?

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. If you decide not to use them, I could put 'em on my 50 Dodge! Also looking for a hood, if you have any spares...

3. By the way, that's a seriously tight parking space!

meezy likes this.
  4. meezy

meezy

The ones I do have are in pretty badly pitted and lost someplace in my friend's barn.
    Regarding the parking, yeah - that took some skill. It also took some affection in the form of several "Brooklyn Kisses". That's where you hit the car in front of you and behind you as you try to cram into your spot...
    Don't know if there's a set of more actively used bumper guards in the city.

5. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

I like the looks of them, but I imagine they would be a moisture/debris trap.
    I imagine that they`ll pick up a few stone chips as the front of your car will regardless.
    These were designed in an era where their was still a lot of gravel roads, obviously.
    Your car your call. If I had all the rocker trim and fender guards, I probably install them, cause my car would never see the rain unless caught in it.
    Conundrum, I know;)

meezy likes this.