Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Any info on this Center Door T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Feb 12, 2018.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found this on another forum and it has me amazed that I have not seen one done up like this before. Given the trends in the 1970's, I would have figured something as trippy as this would have been done more than once, but maybe I just haven't seen it done before. I think it is cool as anything. center door T.jpg

mgtstumpy, slim38 and Chrisbcritter like this.
  2. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Hmm. With a little work, you won't need to worry about those pesky low-flying planes... tango_face_grin.png
    less of a center door T.jpg

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks cool... I'd take a notch or two outta that column and get it out of the windshield.

flatheadpete likes this.
  4. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

From the looks of it I'm betting it's not a driver. The height and angle of that steering column looks like an after thought. Was always intrigued with modifying a center door though.

5. Back in the 80s there was a guy named Taylor had a black center door street rod but I don't remember much about it. Right now Rarebike has one for sale on the HAMB classifieds in Omaha.
    Is that a 60 hp in the photo?

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

One of our HAMB brothers from the UK has one.
    @Al's C.D.T.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boyd Coddingtons.

[​IMG]

slv63 likes this.
  8. scotts52

scotts52

Years ago, probably around 1988, I remember seeing one in southern California. I think it was at a car show in Escondido.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Do you guys know anything about model T center door sedans ?
    Here's a couple interior shots of the steering wheel.

6028_6.jpg 6028_8.jpg

10. Fellow Hamber Al has a cool center door. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Al's car has a fatman steering wheel.

[​IMG]

hrm2k likes this.
  11. manyolcars

manyolcars

Didnt Steve Tansy have one when he was doing the World of Wheels?
    As I recall, his was Jap powered

12. 22centerdoor.jpg Here's one I owned in the early 70's, bought it unseen so I could make a street rod out of it. (early 70's remember)
    But just couldn't cut it up. Engine was modified with a starter motor, water pump and down draft carb.
    Interesting that Fisher body did the center door bodies for Ford, actually just metal panels nailed to a wooden framework.

Mick

13. IMG_0930.JPG IMG_0919.jpg

Thanks boys, I just love my Center Door. :D

hrm2k, mgtstumpy and lurker mick like this.
  14. Special Ed

Special Ed

I still see it at a show every now and then around North County San Diego, usually in Vista or Escondido. Super well-done car. I have a few photos of it around here somewhere ...

scotts52 likes this.
  15. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Chris, No, No No, you do not want to chop that car. Part of the attraction of the car is the roof. It's like driving around in a "greenhouse". Way cool!!!

lurker mick and sidevalve8ba like this.
  16. Blake 27

Blake 27

17. Center door T's are so cool! I was lucky enough to ride in a stocker right before I got my licenses. I remember it getting towed with a rope while I was in the tow vehicle, and the guy doing the steering in the Center Door T didn't realize how fast the steering was, and almost flipped it. It zig zaged down the street for a ways before we got everything stopped.
    download.jpg

download (1).jpg
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Cen...fb_qHZAhUSMqwKHR58C_AQsAQIKA&biw=1664&bih=889

Al's.C.D.T likes this.
  18. town sedan

town sedan

There's been a Center Door T in the classified ads recently. Someone with more money and time than me should do something with it!
    -Dave