Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 ford 3 window coupe from Titusville Fl.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34ford5w, May 6, 2015.

1. What is that hole to the passenger side of car, in the firewall for? I have the same one in mine, looks like it was drilled many times to open it up.

2. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

The hole was for a heater 4 cyl with a heat riser off the exhaust manifold then to a tube that ran to a adjustable vent that opened with a cable I have one I'll take pics of it I have one for my 29 roadster but the vent came off the 34 cowl.

3. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Got the floor tunnel done and firewall plate I'll get pics of car outside this weekend.

Attached Files:

4. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Heater!

Attached Files:

5. Xman

Xman

Nice work, coming together nice!

6. Heater!

Thanks, I wasn't thinking hot air kind, thought it was heater electric motor sticking through firewall. Hot air one makes more sense. Thanks for the picture of it.

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Dusty,
    Your kicking ass and taking names here as the Coupe is coming together real nicely.....How about selling me one of those good grilles you got hanging on the wall?......LOL

8. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Well it's Sunday and just made it home from dirt drags! Yes I made it but not without some troubles on the way lol! Wednesday got car running cuppose to leave Friday morning like we all do down to the wire. Trans had a Crack spraying Trans fluid everywhere! Water pump starts leaking damb it! Thursday put a new Trans in and a water pump just getting ready to leave and making some rods for radiator 4" cut off wheel almost cuts my finger off!!! Babe got to go to emergency room! Cut a tenden in my figure ask doc if surgery can wait until next week cleaned me out stiched me up let me go. Still had windshield, passenger seat,and Trans fluid oh yeah and haven't even taken it for a test drive lol! Got it all done wrapped up finger and all went around block and loaded on trailer headed for dirt drags!!! Ran awesome even won a dedication award pretty cool!!! Can't wait to do some more work to it!!

Attached Files:

thommoina33 likes this.
  9. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Pics

Attached Files:

10. 34dream

34dream

I know it's a wild since you work on you're car but do you have any front subrails originals that you can help for my project any condition thanks

11. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Well it's been awhile since posted anything on ol 3w! Been driving the crap out of it!! But decided to change it up. It's kinda not really a traditional rod even though it's got 40 ford wheels and no chop. So I decided it needs a facelift! It has a 9" could have been 57 it has drop front end pretty traditional and sbc so 60's build I say. It is on a Pete and Jake's chassis Curry 9" So Cal dropped forged axle before they went to China! Anyways I had some 10" magnesium rims and a grate of 94's so it's getting the hotrod look!

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

13. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

14. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Xman likes this.
  15. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

16. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

The new headlights look Waaaaay better!

17. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Well it looks a lot better. Still needs work. But got wheels and tires on. Alan Grove alternator bracket on so I could put hood back on![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

harpo1313 and Xman like this.
  18. studebaker46

studebaker46

neat car I like your direction Tom

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Looking good!
    Get a grommet on that bundle of wires running through the firewall. Road vibration will have that sheet metal wearing through the wire insulation in no time and you'll have a big arc and interior/engine compartment fire. Been there, done that.