Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 34 FORD GRILLE LACING QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What does it look like installed correctly? I need pictures and any instruction from you who know. I have the repop stuff from drake, and the clips, show me how this is supposed to work.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, no one has pictures of the grill lacing? I don't understand how you can bend it around all those curves in one piece? Do you slit it? Cut darts in it? Anyone?

3. Billy I do not have pictures but I was able to install it without cutting it. It will flex around as it goes. Can get pictures if you need them.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  4. fordcpe

fordcpe

Best pic I have Car is in storage DSCF6908.jpg

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't get a chance to work on the grill today but I will try this week. I appreciate the info.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You didn't go around the radiator cap arc. Is supposed to? I m not running the hood sides so I am just install it around the upper grill area.

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I don't have a photo, and it's too cold to go out and take one, but I had to make relief cuts to convince it to curve around the top piece. I squeezed the little black rivets over with a pair of vice grips. Like fordcpe I didn't go around the top either, because the hinge cap (bracket?) would be in the way.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a 1 piece hood so the bracket is a non issue. I'll try a couple of things and see if I can make it around there. Thanks guys

9. rusty valley

rusty valley

here's an original, or whats left of it. its my first model 40 so i cant say whats right or wrong, not an expert, but here ya go

Attached Files:

Bandit Billy likes this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I appreciate the effort, not much remains but enough to help. Thank you