Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 48 Plymouth Kustom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by uglysteve, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

I like what you are doing with the hardtop. Keep up the progress pics. I'd like to see how you bagged the front (if you did) and how you like the ride. Post pics if you have them. Thanks.

2. vitamindart

vitamindart

wow! looks great!

3. Cragrat

Cragrat

4. Next time I'm down there I'll take pics for ya. Basically just used a plasma cutter and made the spring pocket a little bigger for clearance. made mounts by welding plates to the lower control arms and used one of these do it yourself kits for the upper mounts. I think I made em 3" tall. [​IMG]

I'm using slam specialties ss6 bags in front. opening the spring pocket wider is necessary because the bags need to compress up into the pocket if you wanna get all the way down. and you need at least 1/2" clearance all the way around the bag so nothing rubs.

nunattax likes this.
  5. Von Brush

Von Brush
    from Corfu, NY

Like the approach for making the second chop. However, l liked the shape of the original chop. Like the hardtop treatment. Keep the update s coming.

6. bako48

bako48

Your doing good! it looks good Steve keep up the work glad to see your still going at with that car. The hardtop treatment is gonna look bad ass! I'm in the middle of carson topping my 36 Plymouth. and gonna build frames for the glass it'll actually seal up. When I make my frames- I'm going to BREAK(bend) up 16 gauge to make my frames out of and then heat it up to bend it around a buck. hopefully thall help you when you get to that point on your car.

uglysteve likes this.
  7. Thanks man! Yeah that’s a cool idea. Everything I’ve seen so far has been dudes bending either some c channel or square tubing and cutting one side to make the frames. It’ll be interesting to see how you do it for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Little progress. The English wheel is hard! but I think I’m getting the hang of it kinda. I’ve got my panels pretty close. I used the same templates for both sides and made both sides at the same time so they match. I’ll probably get this stuff tacked in and use hammer and dolly to fine tune it

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

nunattax, 'Mo and Okie Pete like this.
  9. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

10. Great job, love it.