Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AND this little jewel took a while to track down. All of the Cobra replicas out there have orange marker lights on the front, and that may actually be what was on the 427 cars later. However all of the 289 cars I see had clear lenses. As I said it took a bit of looking around but I finally found them. They just rolled in today as well. STAND BY because if all the tracking information I see is correct we are going to have a pretty busy few days checking in parts and pieces.

unnamed.jpg

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ah the prince of darkness light. :D

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got to love Lucas!
    Their ad should be "Light when you Least Expect it!" lol

4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOLY COW! What a cool delivery today. Among a ton of Ford Racing Parts there is a box from Borla Induction. I have no idea as I was pretty sure I had accounted for everything in the original delivery. Anyway I open it up and this was what is inside:

Resized_20180207_110628.jpeg
    I had no idea that whole injection system came with a distributor. I will say I did notice in the original box there was an MSD Rotor. But I thought maybe there is something special about it needed for the FASS system etc. Wow, what a cool deal. That is like reaching in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn in while and finding $300! LOL

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  5. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have been talking about fuel lately for the little Ford. You know our goal has been to run it on pump gas but 91 may not be enough. All the 93 in this part of the country has Ethanol in it. So I was talking to the guys at Oil & Octane here in Springfield (they sell racing fuel and oil etc.) They have a really good 95 Race Fuel that I can purchase by the barrel. Then we can mix half and half the good pump 91 and the 95. It is not too bad at just under $5.00 per gallon and a discount on a 55 Gallon Drum.

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!!!!
    I just heard from Scott at ET3 Wheels and they are boxing up my rims right this second. I can not wait!
    Now...I had been talking to the Performance Finish guys (Russ) up in Portland about shipping them directly to them and having a custom coating on them mimicking the old Halibrand Magnesium color. However at this point in the build it is just going to take too long as they quoted at least a month out. So for now I am going to pass on the extra finish. I can always go back there later and have them done etc. I am actually fairly interested in seeing the final finish from Scott as he had to polish the lips and repaint the centers to make the front match the rear etc. YOU guys will be the first to see them.

8. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now here is something pretty funny. I am unloading a big Ford Racing box a few minutes ago and checking the shipping manifest etc. to make sure everything is here. I reach in to pick up a long box and it weighs a ton. As I am hoisting it out of the bottom of the main box I am trying to think what the heck did I order that would be this heavy. I sat it down on the table and looked at the label on the end: Crank Pulley Spacer.

I am like holy hell that thing can't be that heavy, made me think there was a Crank already attached to it...LOL
    Here is what was in the box:

Resized_20180207_143801.jpeg
    25 Crank Pulley Spacers....LMAO! They sent me an entire case of the crazy things. Being the nice guy I am (and of course with Karma and all) I called them to see if they would like me to ship 24 of them back. I think that little thing cost me $40 so that was nearly a grand coming out of someone's pocket.

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That would have made for some long bolts to use them. :D
    Is your pulley and balancer 4 bolt?

10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep.....that little spacer fits like a glove! LOL.
    Resized_20180207_150019 (1).jpeg

Resized_20180207_145924.jpeg

11. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell the truth James you were hoping my pulley and damper didn't match...weren't you? !!! LOL

Resized_20180207_152606.jpeg

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Check out the latest engine masters presented by Amsoil on you tube or motor trend on demand. The newest episode they test old skool 114 race fuel vs the new e85 112 octane race fuel.
    Very good information on how it all performs.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

By now means was I wishing that on you.
    I just know how hard it can be trying to get pulley's water pump and balancer that work together on a Ford.

mad mikey, loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.
  14. carryallman

carryallman

i hope im not stepping on your posts here?? go to the haggerty site or punch in cobra & porsche "barn finder " post -there is a low low mileage 427 ? car -just found ! still since 1991 ?? enjoy guy & your car will be neat ! i did a kit car in the late 80s w/ a round big dia frame & chevy motor & 4 speed ! real rocket ship on the street! enjoy mike

15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh I know James I was just kidding. In fact after you typed that I looked over at the pulley box and it has a great big photo on the top of a three hole crank pulley...I thought Holy Crap but when I opened it there was a four hole unit inside...those Ford Performance Guys are good! LOL

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep I love E85. Of course the Austin was Corn Fed and I mixed my own. Best cost effective racing fuel on the planet. But with many of the same problems as Alcohol as far as letting it set around for extended periods of time. I had all braided teflon fuel lines etc. to aid with it.

17. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

It smell terrible

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  18. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like a glove my friends like a freaking glove. That cowl support piece from Shell Valley fit the Cobra body like it had been glassed around it. It fit so well that it is just hanging in there in place. I don't know if you can tell by the photos but the dash bar is absolutely perfectly match to the body, it is totally awesome. I just can't believe how well that things fits. Hopefully that means a fairly easy door mounting effort since I am using Shell Valley hinge kits etc. Not to mention the windshield etc. Dad and I were talking last night and we are thinking ahead a bit. We really need to have the top ready to install etc. before lock the windshield in place. That way we can move things around a bit if needed.

20180208_051945.jpg

20180208_052028 (1).jpg

20180208_052043.jpg

19. loudbang

loudbang

Living the DREAM you lucky devil. :)

20. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

Do you know that for a fact or just because Brule and Freiburger said so on the youtubes? I have ran it for years and always liked how it smelled.

chryslerfan55 and Deuced Up! like this.
  21. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

I know from my own experience smelling at from cars at my local track. How things smell to people in most cases is very subjective. Take VHT for another example my kid and buddy love the smell of it. I don’t. My apologies to Randell for the quick rant on his build thread.... back to the build....

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Gammz did you look to see who was standing up wind from you? :D

23. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Salty, You spent a lot of time tuning their carb. around Gammz last year, :D:D:D:D:D;)

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Norb I'am to salty to spoil. ;)

25. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

I apologize, cause your Pickled too.:p

26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Holman Moody stuff rolled in today. You know maybe I am goofy but it was cool enough getting a box with the Holman Moody logo on it. Let alone opening it and finding actual parts inside. The patches are crazy cool and perfect sized. I was wondering just how big the "big" one would turn out to be. But it is 10" by 10" (perfect for the back of the racing suit etc. I even got a hat. You know I actually needed a hat so thanks guys. But of course the "pièce de résistance" ....

Resized_20180208_133436.jpeg

27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh Baby! Scott just texted me a couple of shots of the wheels before they went into the boxes headed for the great State of Misery (Missouri...sorry). Wow....I am can not wait to get my hands on them!

IMG956498.jpg

IMG956497.jpg

28. alchemy

alchemy

Those are purdy wheels. They don't need any additional coloring.

29. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree.

30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boiiinnng!
    You gotta get that chassis going man.
    BTW, someday those H/M boxes will be worth money all by themselves.