Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I need a cot & conversation for overnight stays on epic road trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVRRDUNN, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Timing is good.
    A Homemade breakfast, ride in a 37 and maybe even a garage tour is on the schedule. Sent a message to you. Rick

lothiandon1940 and NVRRDUNN like this.
  2. YOU ARE THE MAN!!! tell me all about that 37!

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Nebraska car. 8BA, original drive train. Highway gears. Good long trip car. Had it close to 15 yrs. built in my own garage. It’s a keeper.

lothiandon1940 and NVRRDUNN like this.
  4. Not too far from ACD museum either.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  5. Patrick46

Patrick46

Rick,

First, that's a wonderfully kind offer to our weary traveler...so bless you for that!

and next, I went to your website, and your home is breathtaking!!
    My wifey would go Gonzo over your antique collection!! (OK...me too!) :D

I'm keeping this one on file for our own travels back East next year!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. I'm drooling sooooooo bad right now!!!! Wish it was sitting in my garage instead of yours!

7. Boy do I agree with THAT!!!! My wife would want to just move in!!!!

Patrick46 likes this.
  8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Ah shucks guys. I am speechless. (Rare).
    I do thank you for the compliment. Please call or just stop by anytime. We would be honored to just meet or have you for an overnight stay. It all started 45 yrs ago by two 17 yr old kids and a junky old rocking chair.

Patrick46 and NVRRDUNN like this.
  9. Looking for evening crash pad in or near Rawlins, Wyoming and St. Louis, Missouri...all other bases covered. Appreciate any leads....email me at [email protected] or message me here. Thanks. Steve in Eugene Oregon

10. Patrick46

Patrick46

Do you go to many shows Steve??

I'm from down in Coos Bay, and I'll keep an eye out for your coupe when I come to carshows up the valley! :)

11. dont do lotsa shows....It presents very well, but its not that kinda car...on purpose. My interest lies in driving it...it has almost 17k on it in 3 years.

Patrick46 likes this.
  12. I whole-heartedly second this. The Glen Curtiss Museum is a very cool place and worth a few hours to check out. Hammondsport is pretty close to Warsaw.

You're also going to be close to Le Roy NY (home of Jello™!) and if your timing works, Jesse Cootes' Old Soul Hot Rod Shop throws a backyard BBQ around the first weekend in August. It's a good time (and a darn fine meal). Lots of cars, good people.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it."
    — Ferris Bueller :D

NVRRDUNN likes this.
  13. I will need a place to stay near Indy on Thursday evening July 26, as I plan to catch the 500 museum that day. What town are you near, and the exit number? Thanks for the invite. Hope you arent gone that day!!!

14. catdad49

catdad49

Steve, Glad to see that your trip is working out for you. Are you not towing your teardrop? Prayers for you and your safe journey, the healing will come. A Well Wisher, Carp

15. Thanks Carp for the well wishes, much appreciated. Its quite a journey, this grief thing, but I'm pretty sure I'll be ok as time passes on, but still retain and remember the good times. Sandy LOVED this car and riding in it. No teardrop this trip. Me, some spares, some clothes, some tools, sleeping bag and pillow, AAA membership...and an empty visa card!!

catdad49 likes this.
  16. What town you located in?? And what highway off of?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.