Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Awesome Custom car collection on American Pickers 2/5/18

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jxnslotcar, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

If you are into custom cars (incl the only car to win national championship 3 times), bubbletop custom cars, automobilia, vintage speed parts, huge vintage model car kits, ect then you need to watch American Pickers tomorrow night on the History Channel! My buddy Rick Klibenski's collection is going to be featured on the show. As many time as I have been in his shops I still see things I hadn't seen before. He has some incredible cars that are very well known including Forecasta, Pac Man car and others. I don't want to say all that you will see on the show as you will have fun picking out all the different cars, parts, posters..........
    I was surprised when Rick mentioned that he is thinking about thinning out his huge collection. He has had a couple of things come up that has made him start thinking about it as his kids have no interest in the collection. I know that he has at least 61 vehicles in varying stages of completion. Some of them have a large historical background. He has been so busy helping everyone else with their cars that he hasn't had the time to do his own. He is an accomplished car builder who has been involved in some very significant cars over the years. I have helped him with a build that he has been working on on and off for a few years now. It is a 1937 Mercedes 540K Roadster Custom that is slated to be completed for next years Detroit Auto Rama where it will compete for the Ridler Award. At the very least it is a Great 8 winner and is absolutely a beautiful car!
    I was going to post some pics of what you will see tomorrow night on the American Pickers show but again, I did not want to be a spoiler. So if you are into custom cars, vintage speed parts, automobilia, then this is something you do not want to miss seeing. Who knows, you may even see something that you have been searching for. I was there when they came by but stayed in the background while they were filming. I was able to meet both pickers and they are really good guys and it was a pleasure to talk with them. It was cool seeing Rick having someone there who really appreciated what it has taken to amass such a collection over the last 40-50 years. He still has the old coupe that he customized while still in high school and he hasn't really sold much over the years. I suppose that is why I was surprised when he agreed to them going through and having a look. From what I understand they want to come back as they really didn't have time to see
    After the show I will upload pics as I have probably 500 pics of his collection that I had taken for insurance purposes a couple of years ago.

2. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

I just remember the name of another ca that he has. It was built using a 1959 El Camino and its name is Ultimus. He also has another car that Roth built. From what I remember, Roth built 2-3 Ghost cars and he had one of them and he has another one but I don't remember its name. Maybe when the show airs, someone will remember it's name. It's sitting on the other side of the 4 post hoist against the wall. The 4 post has a early 60's Corvette sitting on it with an early 50 Mercury Custom sitting underneath it. The Mercury and the Vette are really good looking cars.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  3. Toner283

Toner283

What kind of shape is the Ultimus in? Last pictures of it that I know of show it to be flat black and kinda neglected looking. Has it been or is it being restored to its original (custom) state? Always kinda liked it.

jxnslotcar likes this.
  4. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Thanks for the heads up! I enjoy the Pickers, even though many put them down for a variety of reasons. I made sure my dvr was set to Record in case I miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

jxnslotcar likes this.

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My DVR is set. Looking forward to the show.

39poncho and jxnslotcar like this.
  6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I like American Pickers and it is an interesting show.
    I will look for that show with the car collection and thanks for the heads up on it.

Jimbo

jxnslotcar likes this.
  7. butch27

butch27

Thanks I,m taping .

jxnslotcar likes this.
  8. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

You'll be happy to know that plans are already in action for it to be restored not only cosmetically but mechanically as well so that it can be driven as well as be able to be shown.
    In the past year, the car known as the Crown Coupe was made roadworthy. The Ultimus and the Forcasta are next in line.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

drdave likes this.
  9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Thanks for the heads-up. Pickers is one of the few (sorta) reality shows I can stomach.

jxnslotcar likes this.
  10. fuzzface

fuzzface

Thanks for heads up. I don't always watch AP because I like a different show on at the same time but I will definitely watch this one seeing the cars you mentioned are up my alley. Thanks again.

jxnslotcar likes this.
  11. TinShed

TinShed

Now if I can remember how to set up my VHS to tape it....

12. No mention of Darryl?
    Or even a photo of the original version?

They did for the Ultimus.....