Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anyone know anything about this car?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by FNG, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Fabulous50's

Fabulous50's
    from Maine

That thing is cool! I'd polish it up and get it running. Drive it!

2. Nobey

Nobey

I stand corrected, V-Butt in 1951, learn something new everyday on the H.A.M.B.

stanlow69 likes this.
  3. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thankfully, the family sold the cars to the general public and not to the crusher.

crashfarmer, Sancho and stanlow69 like this.
  4. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

That's right, at one time I used to know where all kinds of cars were sitting around but those places have been steadily disappearing over the years. It makes me sad to see someone pass away and the family cleans the property up by calling the crusher man.

A number of years ago one of my friends met an untimely fate. He owned all manner of cars since he was just as crazy as I am, I think it has something to do with the neighborhood. :) She had been contacted by junk men before he was even cold and she was going to sell it all to one of them. I convinced her to have an auction. She told me after the auction that she had no clue her husband was worth so much money. It's a good thing she listened to me, he owned quite a bit of choice stuff. I would have been heartbroken to see it all gone to the crusher.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

Some guy from the HAMB contacted me the other day wanting to know who the new owner was he said he had to buy the car because he had an emotional attachment to the car because he was very good friends with the guy who used to own it. I originally saw the car on Facebook Kustom Konstruction Zone where the guy wanted to know if anyone new of the cars history. I was unable to find the original post.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

a lot of people want you to sell your stuff to them. They get angry and say, "You're not doing anything with it!!!" Turns out they dont even want it, they just want to resell it for a huge profit

37coupeute likes this.
  7. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

I agree but this guy seemed legit but then again who knows if he is on the HAMB how did he not see my post and others about the car? If there was a car I was ever interested in I always kept tabs on it even from across the country. Who knows I just hope the new owner is enjoying it and glad it didn't go to the scrap yard

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia