Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New project - 1932 Ford 5 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 28, 2018.

1. wicarnut

wicarnut

A common thought on this thread, we are getting old/older, loud pipes, banging gears, are fading toward auto tranny, mild pipes and some comforts desired. It has been said, growing up is optional, growing old is mandatory. Good Luck with your new project, what ever direction you choose.

pprather, chryslerfan55 and jnaki like this.
  2. louisb

louisb

3. 3 window Mike

3 window Mike

I want one ......Maybe one day

4. I felt like crap this weekend suffering from flu like aches & pains but I wanted to get started removing the package tray to make room to move the seat back for a tall guy like me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a slow start Sunday and by the time I got in the shop my pal Dave had already removed part of the interior, the rear panel and the package tray was leaning up against the wall, we discussed just how far we could push the seat back and not create any problems reinstalling the interior and still be able to slide the seat forward.

We put the seat in for a quick test fit and with the package tray gone and now I fit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next weekend hopefully I'll feel human again and get the interior back in the coupe,the nest think on the agenda is to get my pal Earl to do his magic on the carburetor and take it for a spin. HRP

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  5. Yaaaaay!
    Man, that looks perfect with fenders!

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, does a "B" model banger have the same carb as an "A"?

7. Dave,to be perfectly honest I don't have a clue. o_O HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Been a long time ago, but from what I remember, there wasn't much more than a float,needle, and seat to give any problem. Only other thing I ever had go wrong was somehow the needle in the middle of the main jet got jammed into the conical seat in the main jet, and when I screwed it back out, it backed out the whole jet and left a big hole that the jet normally screwed into for gas to flow thru. Ran sorta rich! Suspect 4-5 year old brother who often pretended to be driving the car while sitting in it, but never accused him of it. He did run the battery down turning on the headlights in center of steering wheel, several times before I figgered it out.
    I'm assuming the "B" had the same carb with a choke rod in front of passenger that also served to adjust jet needle on main jet. CCW for richer and CW for leaner as well as pull out to close choke.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. catdad49

catdad49

Danny, look what I found (sorry just the ad)! 011.JPG

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I like it with fenders too....bitchin car man, way to go!

11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it--Moose nailed it!!

12. Nice job Moose! But no fenders for me on this coupe!

Blues4U and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. Rodders

Rodders

Very cool congrats on the new car

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I am a full fledged member of the FTF club, but I sorta agree, on an unchopped, unchanneled 5wdw '32 and really sorta up in the air on the suspension, I think full fendered would look better.

On edit: And knowing Danny personally, I fully understand why he doesn't want to chop or channel, cause he's tall, that's all yall.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  15. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I love the look with the fenders on the coupe! Gives it a more finished and sophisticated appearance, which I like.

16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

PUSSY!!! Build a Flattie. An old friend told me you might as well spend your money, You dont see the Brinks truck following a funeral procession. Ha Ha!:)

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah but you can spend 15 grand on a flathead and outrun it with a $3,000 SC. Been there, done that and wore the Tshirt out 50 years ago!

bowie likes this.
  19. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Fenders???? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.............! It would be a cryin' damn shame to put fenders on that beautiful hot rod. FTF!!! ;)

Runnin shine and Fordor Ron like this.
  20. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I think you'd be way ahead of the game buying a streetrod chassis to your liking and just transplanting the body lot of people would love to have that old stuff

21. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

On a stocker, no. The B had a better carb, IMHO,but they will interchange. Danny's car has a downdraft carb of some sort, I can't tell from the pics. Both the A and the B were updraft carbs.
    I'm out of work with a broke arm right now, but I need to go visit Danny, when he feels like company. I like tinkering with the old 4 bangers, but it's not going to be a neck snatcher, no matter what.
    If the car won't run, it's most likely timing related. That's just a SWAG, but it gets messed up a lot.

22. Pete

Pete

That coupe would be badass chopped 6 inches! Lol

Runnin shine and chop job like this.
  23. Very happy for ya! Great car and I can tell tell you're enjoying the hell out it already.
    283/327 done right would be right at home in there....

24. Very nice find!!! That's a great looking 32 5 widow.

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Pete, I agree about the looks with it chopped, but for guys like Danny and myself, he's 6'4" and I'm 6'3", and although at 80 I'm a little older than Danny, who's just a few years behind me, we don't fold up very well to fit in chopped coupes.:eek::rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. I have owned a few chopped cars in the past,a 39 Ford convertible,'32 Ford roadster & a '32 Ford 3 window,I'm too old and too tall for any chopped cars anymore. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  27. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I am enjoying this thread and really enjoying the car. Hard to imagine this hasn't had any of the mods people have been talking about during its lifetime. Great find!! Looking forward to see where this goes. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. scotti32

scotti32

Very cool

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Someone eluded to the fact that the car needs fenders,I have access to the original fenders and associated parts if I decide to add them in the future they are available. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.