Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yep, My wife was in the shop the other day I had her help me flip my frame over. So the car is a bare frame on my lift right now and she wondered why I do this, what's my motivation. I brought her in the house and showed her this thread. I'm not building anything like what he has but just what he has built from what he started with is my inspiration.

2. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

That is why I follow this thread. This shows me that it is never to rusty to fix. A new perspective of what can be done.

Neal

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    lowcoe and OahuEli like this.
  3. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Hey KOOLKEMP, did the sedan have the same contour quarters as the coupe body. I'm talking the quarters above the wheel wells to the trunk opening. thanks.

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hi guys I'll give a bit of an update on what's been going on since I last posted, none of it really involves the car , and none of it has been positive to say the least, here's a few highlights..

I had to get the 64 Pontiac more driveable because I knew I'd loose my company car , so I've been picking at it instead of the 47 so no progress at all sorry.

Got denied a second time by Sun life for disability .

Filed the lawsuit against Sun Life.

Six weeks after telling me no matter what happens I will always have a job , they fired me with no severance, tried to get me to sign away my rights and resign at the last minute and threatened to hold my pay...so much for the owners claims of being loving Christians .

About a week and a half ago I finally got to see a rheumatologist ( the free Canadian medical system is extremely slow )

A couple days before that we found out my stepdad has kidney cancer.

A bit over a week ago I finally got to see a rheumatologist thanks to the notoriously slow but "free" Canadian medical system, got more answers from her than I was expecting, she had access to the CT scans I've had in the last 6 years and from what she could see I have a very advanced case of osteoarthritis, basically degenerative joint/disc disease. My spine is a mess with degenerated and herniated discs, bone spurs everywhere. She was very concerned that I was unaware of how bad the base of my neck was and that scan was from 2012 I believe. Safe to assume my former Dr never looked at it because he never told me. Every joint in my body she could see was badly deteriorated with spurs...

My guess is this has been the primary source of my gradually increasing misery over the last 25 plus years, the sarcoidosis has just been the icing on my shitcake life. I'm still waiting for more tests scope from both ends and a spinal scan.

A few days after trying to absorb this the government called and told me I don't qualify for 9 months unemployment insurance benefits because I'm too sick to look for work. I might qualify for 16 weeks of sick benefits but I have a feeling that will not happen because I had to use that last winter.

I'm having trouble even driving the 64 with the manual steering, I have over 2 million kms of driving experience and I have to ask my wife to drive most days now.

Lawsuit against my employer is being prepared now , I have no doubt I will be successful but by the time we get to court we will be homeless or living in some shithole apartment. The empire will make sure I have absolutely nothing left before it shows me the shitty pension I paid for every week from my pay.

I've done what I can and am literally done caring about pretty much anything at this point , all I can do is hope my lawyer can help because I can't .

I'm trying to mock up my shitty projects to see if I can sell something, unfortunately the 47 is likely going to be one of them , and where we live it will be pennies on the dollar for sure...

About the only positive thing I can visualize at this point is hopefully a year or two from now this is over and I have enough of a settlement and can afford to find a clean 55 chevy 4 door with ps & pb and that I'm well enough to enjoy it for awhile.

I had to put some car stuff in a post this depressing!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

And some of us think we have it bad because it rained today. My thoughts and Prayers for you. God Bless.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I also got shafted by a former business partner that professed his Christianity loudly...'Man of the Lord'.
    Wish they'd just rip us off like 'honest politicians'.
    'Keep the faith', if you have any left...There is always a glimmer of hope.
    Bless you, Brother. I feel your pain, as mine is similar.

slv63 and koolkemp like this.
  7. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Sorry to hear about your struggles, but I look forward to hearing about your eventual triumphs. One way or another, things will get better.

Sent from my LG-V410 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Thanks for the update Steve, sorry to hear you are still getting the run around.
    Hang in there, hoping that things will go better than anticipated.

rodncustomdreams and koolkemp like this.
  9. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

So sad to hear this....

koolkemp likes this.
  10. Man that sucks, but at least you now know why your health has been getting worse.
    I know nothing I can say will help, but hopefully the fact that some of us here are hoping for the best, for you, gives you some comfort.

11. Well shit man this is not cool . So sorry to hear this Steve . Hard knocks for sure . I wish I was closer I would help you out whichever way I could !

koolkemp likes this.
  12. raidmagic

raidmagic

Hang in there man, I wish you were closer so I could help. Hoping for the best for you.

koolkemp likes this.
  13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Steve, you're in our prayers. It really sucks that you have to deal with this.

48fordnut, 1959Nomad and koolkemp like this.
  14. quickrack-alan

quickrack-alan
    from Ireland

I read your thread. It took every spare minute for 4 days.
    I really hope this finds you well.
    Or at least no worse!
    I can still hardly believe the transformation, from what you dragged home, to the last photo you posted.
    I genuinely hope you get to finish this car.

koolkemp, 54delray and 1959Nomad like this.
  15. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Ditto, still one of the best threads on the HAMB
    IMO

16. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Steve, this is really hard to read. It was you 47 that gave me the confidence to try my sedan to coupe conversion. And.... even with your situation, gave me encouragement and advice and even stated if you were closer you'd give me a hand. I know we never met but that was truly a generous statement to say the least. You'll be in my prayers and I think with your permission I'd like to call my car "the Kemp". It would be an honor for me to do that. It's people like you that give us amateurs the incentive to try stuff like I have. Hope you have a turn for the better in your health and your life. BART.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG]

I’m doing my best to rewind time and start over to the time when my vehicular obsession manifested my first car in 1979.....after 20 yrs without a 55 I’ve got my version of heaven, a rusty 55 150 more door to call my own. Here’s the first one in 82, and when I sold it in 97 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will post an update on the health issues tonight or tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

I sure wish you the best, have been through some similar things here and it sucks in every way. Glad you were able to get a '55 Chevy to enjoy. Best to you man.

19. My experience is the louder they proclaim how Christian they are, the closer you need to watch 'em....

Best of luck getting it all worked out, when the body breaks down you aren't left with a lot of options. And there's a**hat doctors of this side of the border too, I had issues when my back went out too.

20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve! It's Rick!
    Been a long time, buddy! I miss seeing your posts about your big-ass project and I miss our talks.
    I'm so sorry we haven't talked much in the last 4yrs. I had a heart attack a while back, and then my dear wife (Sandy) died and I just had another heart attack about 3 weeks ago. Sold all my cars...life has changed big-time for me. And now I see that you're having tough times. My heart goes out to you. If there's anything I can do...or if you just wanna talk...don't hesitate to send me a message.
    Let's always be grateful for what we do have. I'm fine. I hope you'll be ok.
    Congrats on the "new" '55 and good luck with it. Keep it simple...get it up and running and drive it while you do everything else...enjoy yourself. God bless you and your wife. God bless us all.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and Outback like this.
  21. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Hey Steve, good to see you and the "new 55" .
    The first car once i got my my license (3rd car) was 56 Chevy 4 door. Should be fun.

22. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

This is a sobering morning read. So glad to see this thread pop up again.
    I hope all you guys have people close who care, thar you are making headway & that there is a light. As someone who professes faith it is gut wrenching to read about people who don't walk the talk....
    Koolkemp, I look forward to hearing your updates. I really hope there is a silver lining..

23. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

ANOTHER car?!?!?!?
    That's great medicine. :)
    I got my "T" able to drive around the yard. Progress is good. Even if it takes years.
    I'm able to get a couple hours out doing stuff now so that's more progress.
    We'll talk soon.
    I gotta say.. that pose you strike should have a caption like "Why aren't YOU working on your car?"

Rickybop: I don't know you but.. man... take care.

"Life is what happens between each crisis."
    That's my line but it's free to use.
    But don't just use the line (talk the talk), go out and walk the walk.

24. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

My grandmother used to say if you want a dirty deal get in with a church man. She was right.

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks GizmoJoe...very good of you. I'm fine. I have faith, friends, (many here) and love in my life. Had 27 very good years with the best woman I ever met. If I start feeling sorry for myself, I don't have to look far to see plenty of others not doing as well as I. And besides...no damn heart attack is gonna keep me down! Well...not as long as the doctors know how to do angioplasty...lol. Just another little stint with a stent. Slowly getting my "ooomph" back...I'll be at full throttle soon. And even though I wasn't interested in much for a while, I've decided since starting to hang with you guys again recently that I'm gonna get another project.

As far as churchy people go...I love this saying...
    You may have heard it before...

Going to church no more makes you a christian
    than standing in your garage makes you a car.

The real church is in the hearts of all the faithful.
    And the real fellowship is the love we share day to day.

We'll all be hangin' out in heaven eventually.
    I'm kinda hoping my wife found a nice little place in heaven someplace for when I get there. A little stone house in the woods with a fireplace. And a big shop with a bunch of projects waiting for me...lol.
    God bless you, Gizmo.
    And God bless YOU, Steve.
    God bless us all.

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I think this picture says it all. Despite all the bullshit you've had to deal with over the last few years you still have the spirit to fight for what you love to do and this picture, to me anyway, says "Screw it, I'm going for it!" God bless Steve, get that crusty old chebbie going.
    That said, I hope you weren't listening to Back Street Boys...

27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fellow Hamber healing thoughts your way @koolkemp and may the Chevy lift your spirit some...its still a connection to a vintage escape...the weather is slowly inching up.

Regards
    Stogy ​

28. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

If Steve was listening to the Back Street Boys then he has gone over that steep edge.
    Ain't no way.
    Period.
    Right Steve???

OahuEli, chryslerfan55 and Outback like this.
  29. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

That's a good one.
    Keep smiling.
    I'm getting my oomph back slowly too but the roads are longer than they used to feel.
    It seems we are all a bunch of sickies.. which is different than being sickos. Really, it is. ;)

Steve.. where did the Chebbie come from?
    Will it need many patch panels?

Do you have a bead roller?
    I know you had a small wheeling machine.
    Maybe once the weather improves I'll feel up to taking a trip your way to have a panel-making party.
    I could bring my bead roller if you don't have one set up.
    Or we could just sit and swap the latest health issues.

chryslerfan55 and Outback like this.
  30. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well said Ricky. People like to generalize and paint with a broad brush which is human nature, but still unfortunate.

It is good to see you more active on the HAMB brother. Do you ever get to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area - if so we should meet and hang out. And likewise, if I am ever over that way I will try to get in touch with you. Enjoy your weekend.

Steve

chryslerfan55 likes this.