Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I found her and she is pretty 1933 ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Spencer Caldwell, Feb 3, 2018.

1. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Looks Awesome! Congrats!

Spencer Caldwell likes this.
  2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great find! And even better that you got the original bench seat with it. They are very hard to find, seems that back in the day guys would toss them out and put in buckets. In 30 years of collecting 33-34 Ford parts, I have only managed to find three original bench seats.

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very pretty indeed! I hope you keep us posted on your progress .

4. Great that you saved it and will give it life again. That has always been my dream car, maybe one of these days I will have one too. Congrats!

5. Spencer Caldwell

Spencer Caldwell

So don't get rid of it lol... someone offered the guy who sold it to me 1800 just for the seat I thought he was crazy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Spencer Caldwell

Spencer Caldwell

I am going to need any help I can get. This things has a variety of parts on it. The headlight are 11inch big, has hydraulic brakes on it all the way around but idk what year so I am pretty excited once I get the body blasted and chassis and start fresh!!! So I will be keeping everyone updated and posting questions and researching!!! I know you guys hate getting ask the same question 6 times!!

7. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Take a close look at the front edge of the B pillar of the drivers door and see if there is evidence that a web has been removed. I bet there has.
    You can use a front handle latch in that drivers door by just doing some very simple modifications to the latch pocket. Ive done that in my 33 Sedan.

Spencer Caldwell and loudbang like this.
  8. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Yep, she sure is pretty.

loudbang and Spencer Caldwell like this.
  9. I would love a 33 or 34 3 or 5 window ! Good score !

10. That is a great start. Next year is a pretty ambitious deadline though. No time to waste HAMB'in, but don't forget to post photo's.

11. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Nice! I too, wanna know how the dustless sandblasting works out for you, will be watching.

12. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Congrats!

You mentioned soda blasting? From my experience the soda leaves a film. You will want to etch the metal before applying prime and paint. Trust me. I did not and I have a mess to clean up.

Forgive me fella's. I love TROG. But why are you guys running these beauties in the sand and salt water? They will be dust before the next generation is old enough to drive.

DMac

13. Rustridden31

Rustridden31
    from Denver, CO

If they've been around for 70-80 years they'll survive a few runs on the beach. Drive it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. You're look'in good!
    We're building a 34 now and starting with a nice unmolested original frame. We have a spare flathead, plus tranny, rear end and other swap meet/scrounged parts. Plan is for a 34 3 window Bonneville style. No body yet but looking. May go with glass because of cost.

We havin fun now!

15. Spencer Caldwell

Spencer Caldwell

Well I know it is a short deadline but all the parts are there just need freshening up shooting for something like this. I am in love with it!!![​IMG]

16. Squablow

Squablow

Great looking car you found there, looks like the body is in great shape. The minor door differences wouldn't bug me at all, I only wish I had one that nice to start with. I'll be following along.

17. Spencer: Do you have an idea of what you need for it? I have a couple of 33/34 parts laying around and will be in your area this week and next. Tim

kidcampbell71, catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  18. Spencer Caldwell

Spencer Caldwell

I appreciate the offer and I need a few parts but I need to recoup my bank account but at the end of feb I will reach out to you sir!!!

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  19. Why don't you go ahead and let us know what kind of 33-34 parts you need. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great find, looking forward to seeing the build progress. Bob

21. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Great car and a great plan. Congratulations. Will be looking for you around the neighborhood as you are in our neighborhood!

22. Spencer Caldwell

Spencer Caldwell

Thanks!!! I am hoping to drive it to school at florida tech in the fall!!!

dana barlow and catdad49 like this.
  23. catdad49

catdad49

What a score, looks like there are plenty of helping HAMBS around!! This should be a Good one.

24. I'm watching you Spence.......

25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Spencer.Yep when I was growing up there,there was an overload of really neat old iron being used as daily drivers.Modle A`s by the truck load One of my neighbors was a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines.She used a IIRC 1929 Model A for her go to work car.Not much of a commute as the airport was only about two miles from her house.Might check with the old timers around the area for old stuff for sale.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

26. Big Plan Dan

Big Plan Dan

Congratulations! '34 five-window coupes are my all-time favorite car as long as they are chopped. There is something about the rear quarter-window that can give them a stream-lined look. I bought my '34 5-window 33 years ago. Someone had chopped it so badly that one of the doors wouldn't close and they abandoned it without any attempt to finish the car. During the fix, I had it chopped a little more - about 3.5 inches total - and am now looking to lower it another inch and tilt back the windshield for that streamliner look. Anyway, you can't go wrong by buying one of the all-time iconic hot rod bodies.

loudbang, ls1yj and Spencer Caldwell like this.
  27. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

oh man what a cool looking projekt. i wish i can find something like this in germany......

glrbird and Spencer Caldwell like this.
  28. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

try sodablasting it

29. 392

Great find. Good luck on your build.

30. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

Awesome car! Don't let anything get in the way of your dream! If you don't have the bucks for
    stuff, just save until you do.You are building the dream car of lots of us, but build it your way !!