Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hanging out at Wally's Place

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Hanging out at Wally's Place

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

thawk, mctim64, HEMI32 and 1 other person like this.
  2. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

The NHRA museum is a great place. I enjoy it so much that we got married there (in their courtyard).

It takes several visits to go through everything.....especially the wall displays.

thawk and HEMI32 like this.
  3. My family visited in 2016, we had the place to ourselves. Here's some photos of that day...(That's my son / little does he know, I'm planting seeds;))
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

thawk likes this.
  4. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

You are all so right. I've been lucky enough to attend the GNRS twice, and both times made it to the fairgrounds early on Friday so we could visit the NHRA Museum before the doors opened to the rest of the grounds. Awesome place.

thawk likes this.

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Here are a couple shots I took one time I was there...
    20160626_102308.jpg 20160626_102256.jpg 20160626_102244.jpg 20160626_102420.jpg

thawk, mctim64, putz and 1 other person like this.
  6. I can't think of a better place to have our bike displayed. A first class operation.

[​IMG]

olscrounger, jnaki, thawk and 2 others like this.
  7. Our car club has had a display there for quite a few years. Here's a pic I took last Friday.

Mick
    DSCF0879 (Copy).JPG DSCF0885 (Copy).JPG

thawk, HEMI32 and loudbang like this.
  8. EarlyFordV8

EarlyFordV8
    from Dallas

This place is so dang great it is unbelievable!!!!
    It is the ultimate hot rod museum and stop for anyone into the nostalgic cool car scene and the historical background of our hobby. Even most current race drivers do not know the history of their sport but we should know ours.

9. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Fantastic museum, but It's about time to change the Gale Banks display.

10. 2935ford

2935ford

and if they are there........Greg Sharp and Tony Thacker will be more than happy to say hello.

11. Big Plan Dan

Big Plan Dan

I agree...diesel just doesn't do it for me. Banks probably makes a big contribution to the museum to keep his space. But diesel cars really have little to do with the history of drag racing and hot rodding.

12. Big Plan Dan

Big Plan Dan

Yes, the NHRA Museum is a fantastic place. I went thru on the Saturday of the GNRA show last week. They also have monthly cruise nights April thru December. And occasionally put on special events. I attended a veterans panel a few years ago. Tommy Ivo was hilarious...what stories and what an entertainer. Tom McEwen was on the panel. Don Prudhomme and Roland Leong walked in part way thru. In my younger years I always wanted to be a chassis builder or do the aluminum work on race cars (never did). Famed chassis-builder Don Long was sitting behind me so I related my dream to him...he seemed a bit surprised, like his involvement in the sport was no more important or interesting than mowing lawns. Anyway, that was a memorable conversation. The SoCal Coupe was there during a previous visit and I'd hoped to see it again. However, they rotate some of the exhibits and it was gone.